Countdown 0.5...

I don't understand why *progress* is a problem for some people.

Sure, the Axe will be superseded at some stage.
Do people think it is a 'concord moment' - never to be repeated?
I don't want to live in that world- we'd still be travelling on horseback and using leeches for medicine if it was.

All hail the new flesh.

Also, the Axe FX is not the world's best guitar processor, the Axe FX Ultra is, so I think this whole thing is just messing with us because we would jump to conclusions and not pay attention. In 2006, when the Axe FX was introduced, was the Ultra introduced concurrently, or did the Axe FX Standard exist for a moment prior to the Ultra...if so, in 2006, the Standard would have been the best guitar processor, until the Ultra came along...

Something to consider...

Well! Now, it's seems obvious we're getting a new hardware, unless you can acces this new technology within your Axe fx via firmware update, not a free one, who knows??? I'm tired of speculating, we'll see tomorrow!!

How about this:

An all FX floorboard, that links up with your current AxeFx. You have the option to go into split/shared load mode, which designates the AxeFx handles all things amps and cabs and the floorboard handles everything else.

That's a standard on the picture. I guess the the new stuff is based on the ultra processor and current Ultra users will be able to upgrade to it. Standard users are fooked.

I've been saving for ages, put my name down on the list and even got a few mates to buy my old gear. Now I hear that FA might be about to release a new unit! That's amazing but I'm sure a lot of new Axe users might get a bit anoyed after spending so much cash and waiting on a list for months just to find what they've bought is now old tec.
I'm sure the AXE Ultra has many more years ahead of it and many more updates......I hope :s

Countdown #1 might be a bit of a psych-out to think that the current Axe-Fx is actually being completely superceded.

Or not. Then hopefully the new unit can replicate the sounds of my "vintage" Ultra!

Well, it's Axe-Fx II then.
G66's #1 is pretty conclusive in saying that.
ie
Is the Axe-fx ultra still the best processor. No, there is something newer now.
Maybe it isn't 'faster', but it will be 'better'

A piece of hardware that remains top of the pile for 5yrs isnt anything to grumble about. So many things get outdated / replaced much quicker. My ears are excited. The ultra will be a very hard act to follow, let alone beat. I cant wait to hear this new gizmo in action and see what the differences are in every area !

I'm kinda thinking its going to be a new firmware, but unlike previous firmwares which add new features this will be a complete reworking of every amp,cab & effect using what Cliff has learned over the last five years.

All this talk of "happy" is odd and, frankly, infantile for grown men to me. Creators are not responsible for "happiness". The AF has always done what Cliff advertised and more.
Whether you bought an Axe three years ago, three months ago or three weeks ago you got what you were promised, to the letter.

He "owes" us nothing beyond what I've already been given. I can't wait to see what is next! Unless there is a "talent upgrade" I'm really not worried that suddenly my AF is going to be the gating factor on my music! : )

-P

That's a standard on the picture. I guess the the new stuff is based on the ultra processor and current Ultra users will be able to upgrade to it. Standard users are fooked.

hahaha..Love the doom and gloom around here and all the "definitive" answers of what it is and is not!! :mrgreen

Whatever it is or is not, doesn't change my Ultra from being the best musical purchase i have ever made, and it will certainly not make me play one note faster, smoother..

it saying AxeFx..so basically it means neither Standard or Ultra..just the whole product...and its saying there is now a new challenger...
so pretty much a new product (maybe even a new product name?)

The more things change the more they stay the same - the last clue. That might seem to indicate a new version of the AXE-FX that maintains compatibility with the existing ones - perhaps. That's one interpretation.

I would wait before jumping to any conclusions. Fractal has always taken care of its customers. I would be surprised if a new AXE-FX (if that's what it is) were introduced without some kind of upgrade path for existing owners.

I don't know the source of the jpg above, but the claim "once again, nothing will be the way it was" is a pretty big one.

Still, I'm waiting for tomorrow before concluding anything.

hahaha..Love the doom and gloom around here and all the "definitive" answers of what it is and is not!! :mrgreen

Whatever it is or is not, doesn't change my Ultra from being the best musical purchase i have ever made, and it will certainly not make me play one note faster, smoother..

My thoughts entirely Mark - since no-one knows what it is yet I'm not jumping the gun. Am just going to watch, wait and most importantly - listen !

Back
Top Bottom