Countdown 0.5...

I still think any new Ultra is going to be a step up in user interface and IR storage. Our vintage Ultras will get the same firmware update, which I'm thinking has been rewritten from the ground up.

Great post. I could handle this as I probably never need a better user interface and IR storage. The vinatge Ultra as you say would not be capable of this and would not have a USB. We'll still get the fab new FWU though!

All I know is my excitement will turn to depression tomorrow because I have no money. If its a new Ultra I haven't a hope of being able to afford another one and that makes me a sad panda

And the new unit will connect wirelessly with my PC and guitar. Heck, maybe it even has 3G and will automatically download new "profiles", FX, and firmwares!

Another thought here nobody mentioned so far! Is it possible that Fractal will be distributed in every major music store worldwide, not only on their website online? Would be great for after sale service and repair.

there is no way that could be true if they can't even keep up with the demand from their one online store. they sell out in the blink of an eye from one location, so how could they possibly outfit hundreds/thousands of outlets nationwide with more than even 1 unit at a time?

I'm still hoping for a major firmware update form my Ultra. I don't think Cliff will charge for it, why? Because if he wanted more money he could simply up the production rate of the current products which are pretty much permanently on backorder. He doesn't do this so it's not all about the cash. Also regarding new Hardware, Cliff has some of the finest guitarists on the planet using the AxeFX, they seem to love it, it has it's limitations, but they wouldn't get in the way of most peoples requirements from such a unit. Also nothing touches the AxeFX in terms of modelling, so why would he release now? Surly he would wait until someone else gets close to him and then drop the bomb!

Just some thoughts ;)

Can't wait for tomorrow :)

I feel for the Australian / Asian customers and many other countries in the world who now it actually is Monday ;) But since it's a US product that would be the realistic timezone. Question is which east coast / west coast..midnight, 9am, midday or would be even be cruel enough to make it 11:59 US ? Just kidding folks, no-one is THAT cruel ! Am no longer annoyed, am now starting to get excited. It's like xmas eve in May to me !

Uh...not in the USA it isn't. Read here, if you wish: Insider Trading

Anyway, I thought I might enjoy the nail-biting and hand-wringing of some in this thread, but I haven't really. Interesting for an alien anthropologist, though. I hope Cliff & Co. have great continued success with the evolving platform. I remain over the moon with my Ultra.

BF3

You might wanna read that link you posted. Insider trading like what was mentioned in this thread is indeed illegal, and your link confirms it in the second paragraph. Employees of a company can own and buy and sell stock in the company through proper methods, but people with secret insider information that isn't publically available cannot.

None of this applies here, it was a joke and I can't imagine taking it as more than that. But it's probably worth noting that buying and or selling stocks on the basis of information that isn't available to the public, that's criminal. Remember Martha Stewart doing jail time?

I'm still hoping for a major firmware update form my Ultra. I don't think Cliff will charge for it, why? Because if he wanted more money he could simply up the production rate of the current products which are pretty much permanently on backorder. He doesn't do this so it's not all about the cash. Also regarding new Hardware, Cliff has some of the finest guitarists on the planet using the AxeFX, they seem to love it, it has it's limitations, but they wouldn't get in the way of most peoples requirements from such a unit. Also nothing touches the AxeFX in terms of modelling, so why would he release now? Surly he would wait until someone else gets close to him and then drop the bomb!

Just some thoughts ;)

Can't wait for tomorrow :)

Countdown 1 = May have spoken too soon :(

Back
Top Bottom