Countdown 0.5...

okay, I wasn't going to play along but here is my guess: major release of new firmware plus Axe Edit and a smaller / scaled down version of the MFC (not sure if anyone else speculated on this one yet).
Not sure why a new Ultra would be released at this point as demand is still very high and a newer / better model might leave those that just shelled out $2000 feeling a bit jaded. I have had mine for 2 years next month.

I think this cowntdown must have something to do with some new technology advancement. Why would there be a need for all those blurbs in g66 about how the axe-fx changed everything?

Seems to me that if they are releasing a cut down axe-fx version they must also be releasing something else

I think this cowntdown must have something to do with some new technology advancement. Why would there be a need for all those blurbs in g66 about how the axe-fx changed everything?

Seems to me that if they are releasing a cut down axe-fx version they must also be releasing something else

I completely agree, if this isn't a major step ahead this campaign will be very off the mark from the hype it's created.

but no matter what it is i'm sure i'll download it, buy it, step on it, or tap it on my ipad. lol ;)

Agreed. Those G66 statements are making it sound like the ULTRA as we know it is the past (revolutionized the guitar world in 2007/08) and whatever comes on Monday will again revolutionize the industry.

I drove nearly an hour to where I was going to work this morning and realized I forgot to load the parts and tools on my van...... Thanks alot Cliff!!!! :p

Can someone synthetize what Cliff has said for now ?
As far as i can see :
- It's a thing making everybody happy
- It's none of the poll options (smaller and or more powerful axe-fx,pc base axe-fx ,on floor unit nor partnership with another company or other)

Do you have some Cliff statements i missed ?

he also supposedly wrote "save your dough" on a guy's facebook wall who was complaining that ULTRAs were not available

smaller / scaled down version of the MFC (not sure if anyone else speculated on this one yet).

I don't think anyone has (although after a gazillion posts, I might have missed something). This would be a really great product that I would be interested in. Kind of like when Liquid Foot released the Jr. I never had much interest in the Pro unit because of the size (which is one reason I don't have an MFC yet), but I did like the Jr very much. I don't think that's what it is, but I would be very happy with something like this in the future.

Nice idea my fellow ***2112-er. :)

I can't help but think the new firmware is at least part of this. It's now been over a month since Cliff posted the Jose modded Marshall clip. I don't think we've ever waited that long after a tease for new firmware. Maybe something extra special about it, like several new amp models and/or maybe an epiphany induced complete reworking of the amp block (which would be fine with me since I didn't like the changes made to it with the last update and am still using 10.01).

Are we building up anticipation that will be impossible for Cliff to deliver on?? I REALLY hope so..teach him to play with our greed for new stuff like this!! :mrgreen

I can't help but think the new firmware is at least part of this. It's now been over a month since Cliff posted the Jose modded Marshall clip. I don't think we've ever waited that long after a tease for new firmware. Maybe something extra special about it, like several new amp models and/or maybe an epiphany induced complete reworking of the amp block (which would be fine with me since I didn't like the changes made to it with the last update and am still using 10.01).

Somebody mentioned a Variac ..., probably not, but wouldn't that be cool if it was ... !

That would be f*cking disappointing. I've only had mine for about 5 months.
This is what is bugging me about this whole thing....how does anything else that comes out diminish what you've got or make you like it any less? I just can't wrap my head around this kind of logic which seems to be rampant in today's world.

And I'm not singling you out (ignore the fact that I quoted you :razz).

The only situation that I can come up with where a newer version is going to be an issue is if a new AxeFX was based on the Terminator 2 model, where the new Terminator hunted down and tried to destroy the older version. Then I'll be pissed because I don't want my house torn apart.

I'm just saying that if the AxeFX is good enough now than it will still be good enough in 3 days from now. There's no reason to be disappointed over anything. You can still make lots of cool noise.

If it is new hardware and people dump there current Axe's for cheap I would be all for it. I could use a spare and it would be the final convincing I need to dump my amps. I only keep them around as a backup now. My standard does more than enough for me today.

I'm just saying that if the AxeFX is good enough now than it will still be good enough in 3 days from now. There's no reason to be disappointed over anything. You can still make lots of cool noise.

Very true. If (big if, of course) there was an imminent replacement for the AxeFX on the horizon, it certainly wouldn't make my current one sound worse.

That would be f*cking disappointing. I've only had mine for about 5 months.

Really? While I have positive anticipation of the new product(s), I've had my Standard for over 4 years, and have zero inclination to upgrade to <insert new product...if it's a replacement>. It sounds great now, so why go nuts?

One thing that this amp has taught me, is to quit doing 'better, faster, newer'. I did that with high end amps for years; and I get it from new Firmware now. If it IS an upgraded model, I'm REALLY going to have to be impressed to give up and move up from what I have.

Ron

All this crazy speculation.....
I think that all we can rationally expect is the final completion of the products that we have either been beta testing or what has been in the pipeline for a long time.
1. Finished version (supported) of Axe Edit.
2. New firmware.
3. Probably the PC/Mac software version of the Ultra.
This will be a great release bundle and worthy of a countdown. I look forward to it!

This is what is bugging me about this whole thing....how does anything else that comes out diminish what you've got or make you like it any less? I just can't wrap my head around this kind of logic which seems to be rampant in today's world.

It has nothing to do with the Ax it's the psychological conditioning of wanting, "the latest" "most up to date" that we are force fed from a consumer world that would collapse without that conditioning..all the logic in the world goes out of the window!

Back
Top Bottom