Countdown 0.5...

I'm also thinking firmware update it's just weird that G66 would be advertising it. I don't know though, we'll all see come Monday (and I am quite ashamed to say I read all 100 of the pages in this thread over the past few days!).

images

I've come to the conclusion that this is equal parts insanely fun, aggravating and exhausting. And that's just trying to keep up with mba/bmi's posts.

So for no apparent reason, here's a two headed snake... :D

Two-headed%2Brat%2Bsnake.jpg

theblackkeys22.jpg

What ever it is..., I have been caught up in this just as the rest of us have (and Im enjoying this countdown excitement). My AxeFX is already a tone monster. Anything more and it is just pie for me...

And I like pie... ; )
pie_main.jpg

I think he's further learned how to exploit the TigerSHARC architecture and has developed customized assembly language routines. This means Firmware 11 will indeed go to 11, such a huge leap from being stuck at 10 like normal amps are.

I think he's further learned how to exploit the TigerSHARC architecture and has developed customized assembly language routines. This means Firmware 11 will indeed go to 11, such a huge leap from being stuck at 10 like normal amps are.

You can make your code more efficient, but you can't just make up an instruction set if the processor doesn't support the instructions.

I can't say too much, but I can say you guys are going to be blown away. Cliff sent a few of us "beta copies". I am blown away! I don't say that lightly. I try not to engage in too much hyperbole, but I am extremely impressed. A lot of thought went into this. And while nobody is able to make everyone happy, this will make a lot of people happy campers. Wow, just WOW!!!!!!!

Reactions: gpz
I can't say too much, but I can say you guys are going to be blown away. Cliff sent a few of us "beta copies". I am blown away! I don't say that lightly. I try not to engage in too much hyperbole, but I am extremely impressed. A lot of thought went into this. And while nobody is able to make everyone happy, this will make a lot of people happy campers. Wow, just WOW!!!!!!!

The fact that Cliff "sent" you "beta copies" infers that it's software and not hardware...or much less expensive hardware. Something easily distributed and not too costly. Intrigued even more now...

The fact that Cliff "sent" you "beta copies" infers that it's software and not hardware...or much less expensive hardware. Something easily distributed and not too costly. Intrigued even more now...

It infers nothing, only obfuscates. It could be either or neither. :)

A-ha!! - Keyword = "copies". Me thinks this points to software rather than hardware, therefore me thinks it will be Firmware Update, AxePC, AxeEdit Update, or some combination of those. My guess is Firmware / Axe Edit updates.

Damn I hate you....

I've been watching the eBay action since the announcement and if I'm not mistaken, you listed (one of) yours then ended the auction early without selling it. That info coupled with this post seems to suggest there's definitely new software coming for us existing owners = hooray!

On the upside, if it's a wicked sweet super awesome firmware update, atleast it means we may be able to get our hands on them sooner than if it was a hardware update.

Back
Top Bottom