Coronavirus = more firmware!

solo-act

Fractal Fanatic
Has anyone made this conclusion yet?
If this gets bad enough, Axe-Fx II users might even get a new version of Ares.

I'm certainly NOT advocating for things getting worse!
However, in dark times we must strive to seek out the light.

There's a decent chance that if the government starts mailing out checks like they're talking about, I'm probably buying a III. I'm not counting on any more releases for the II and I'm okay with that.

The purpose of a stimulus check, if it gets approved, is to put money back into the economy. Buying an Axe III does just that and directly helps small/medium businesses. The music industry is going to be hit hard.

Last edited:
The purpose of a stimulus check, if it gets approved, is to put money back into the economy. Buying an Axe III does just that and directly helps small/medium businesses. The music industry is going to be hit hard.
Feel free to directly help my small music business by sending your check directly to me - LOL.

All my gigs, which are all my income vanished in 2 phases: the private gigs folded March 10. The rest, which were all the bar & restaurant gigs across across a bunch different establishments, folded yesterday March 16.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...s-restaurants-in-the-usa.159485/#post-1907589

Seems to me that the better way to keep businesses going would be something like an initially-interest-free loan.

(I'm just spitballin', here, so if this is a bad plan, but can be adjusted in some way to make it better, please let me know what the adjustment should be.)

Let's say that you own a restaurant with 40 employees, some of whom are part-time, and the crisis means you're shut down for an unknown number of months.

Each month that the shut-down is in place, you're eligible for a loan equal to no more than your monthly payroll expenses plus your monthly fixed expenses. That loan must be paid back in 1-5 years. If you pay it back completely in the first year, you owe 0% interest; for whatever balance remains into the second year, you owe 1% interest; for whatever balance remains into the third year, 2% interest, etc.

That, it seems to me, would take most of the impact of the crisis and spread it out over a year with no cost to the business owner; or over two years with little cost; or more years with slightly more cost. In that sense, the strategy is similar to what we're doing about the virus itself: Flattening the curve, spreading the damage out over enough time that the system doesn't break down.

Like I said before: I'm spitballin'. That's probably the "bad version of the plan." Adjustments could be made, perhaps, to produce the "good version."

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom