Copying Preset blocks you like into the block library - I'm stumped

I don't think it's too difficult or outside your grasp, don't be down on yourself!

Maybe a different video:

This video shows Cliff "recalling" his saved blocks via a couple different methods. Save your own block by clicking the arrow and pressing save (save as is not necessary unless you've already opened a block that you don't want to overwrite by pressing save after changes)

Reactions: JTI
Right clicking on the block will bring up the menu in a drop down too. I haven’t had the best luck with the editor menu shown in the video.

I tried that: clicked on Amp in the grid.
Try a single click, not a modified or right-click. You only want to highlight the block if you're using the pop-up below "Library". You can use the arrow-keys to move the selection box if that works better for you.

The pop-up menu appeared and I clicked on "Edit" but it showed NO amps.
You right-clicked. If you do that then four entries below "Edit" is "Library". Slide right from there and you can "Recall" any of the stored blocks in the library, and optionally change the block type depending on what you select. Again, do what works for you.

That said, only blocks you've stored to the Library will appear in that pop-up.

As I mentioned, the Amp and Cab icons are transparent... as though there's nothing in them ?
We need to see a screen shot as the description isn't making sense.

Many thanks Doctor Jones - I'll give this a watch now. I'm just frustrated with myself for not really being able to grasp what I'm sure is a very simple process... I'm clearly more simple than the process. Thanks again for your assistance.

No joy thus far.png
Not sure the screenshot has even uploaded. It just goes from bad to worse. LOl

Attachments

• No joy thus far.png
    No joy thus far.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 9
Dial in your whateverblock to taste. Right click on the dialed in block and select "Save". Name it and click ok/yes/wtever the positive acceptance verbiage is in the editor. Your block is saved to your library.

Famous last words, but I think I might have cracked it. I'd only saved one amp (Plexi 50W 6550) but maybe hadn't been hitting "Save" at top right of FM3 Edit. I've just saved a Plexi 100W 1970 and done the same process and now when I click on "Library" both Plexis appear in the box. I clicked on one and it replaced the one already in the grid. I then clicked on the other Plexi and it replaced the one in the grid. Does this mean I'm making progress... at last ?

I think I was believing they weren't saving/ available to me because the Amp and Cab icons are NOT in bold - if that makes sense ?

ALL of the above... thanks SO much. I think I (we) have finally nailed it. The two amps and cabs I've saved and renamed are now showing in the Library box when I click on either the amp/ cab in the grid... and when I go to the pop-up menu and hover over 'Recall' I see both amps and cabs.
If I'm being honest it was YOUR perseverance (fellow Fractal folks) more than mine that got the end result. As ever, this community and forum are invaluable. So, again, thank you one and all... I REALLY couldn't have got there without you - and that was just the simple Block saving process. Wait until I attempt something REALLY tricky. Lol.

Reactions: Rex
That's not the Block Library. That's just where you pick what kind of block to use. The Reverb block is grayed out because your preset already uses a Reverb block, and you only get one.

ALL of the above... thanks SO much. I think I (we) have finally nailed it. The two amps and cabs I've saved and renamed are now showing in the Library box when I click on either the amp/ cab in the grid... and when I go to the pop-up menu and hover over 'Recall' I see both amps and cabs.
If I'm being honest it was YOUR perseverance (fellow Fractal folks) more than mine that got the end result. As ever, this community and forum are invaluable. So, again, thank you one and all... I REALLY couldn't have got there without you - and that was just the simple Block saving process. Wait until I attempt something REALLY tricky. Lol.
That's what we're here for. We help each other through the weeds

Hey Mr Fender. Indeed it does… I realised eventually. Thanks again to all who took the time and trouble to help me (finally) get my head around this… it was like having a classroom of teachers helping one struggling pupil. 🙏🙏

WOW! I should have known I'd spoken too soon. I switched on the FM3 and FM3 edit just now, hoping to go to the library and choose one of the Alexis I'd saved yesterday... and they weren't there!!!! I went through the process I did yesterday and saved a couple of Plexis to the Block Library and "Saved" at the end of everything. I clicked out of FM3 Edit and went back in and they've vanished again!!! I seem to be able to save blocks from Presets I like and they're available while I'm in FM3 Edit, but when I come out of FM3 Edit and come back in again the Block Library is empty. The "mystery" continues... for me at least. Gonna have to spend this evening going through all the videos you folks sent me yesterday. SO frustrating as I thought we'd cracked it yesterday. Oh well!

WOW! I should have known I'd spoken too soon. I switched on the FM3 and FM3 edit just now, hoping to go to the library and choose one of the Alexis I'd saved yesterday... and they weren't there!!!! I went through the process I did yesterday and saved a couple of Plexis to the Block Library and "Saved" at the end of everything. I clicked out of FM3 Edit and went back in and they've vanished again!!! I seem to be able to save blocks from Presets I like and they're available while I'm in FM3 Edit, but when I come out of FM3 Edit and come back in again the Block Library is empty. The "mystery" continues... for me at least. Gonna have to spend this evening going through all the videos you folks sent me yesterday. SO frustrating as I thought we'd cracked it yesterday. Oh well!
Just to clarify, you are clicking on the Amp block in FM3 Edit before checking the 'LIBRARY', correct?

If you are selecting the Amp block in FM3 Edit, on your computer find and open the 'Fractal Audio' folder, should be in 'Documents' or 'User/Documents', then open the 'FM3 Edit' folder. There should be a 'blocks' in the list of folders, open it and there should be an 'Amplifier' folder, open it and you should find your saved Amp blocks/channels.

In FM3 Edit, in the 'Settings' drop-down menu, select 'Preferences' and click on 'Workspaces'. Check the path for 'Library' and ensure it's the same as the 'blocks' folder location on your computer. If it's not, in FM3 Edit click on 'Browse' and use the steps above to change the location to match your computer's 'blocks' folder location.

Back
Top Bottom