Copying Preset blocks you like into the block library - I'm stumped

Good day one and all... thanks again for all you efforts yesterday trying to get to the bottom of this problem. And Greg, your last post makes perfect sense. Of course, I'd hoped that someone would jump on and say: "Ah, that happened to me - here's what you need to do". So I'm assuming my issue is turning out to be a bit of an unknown.

I did get the FM9 out today, to see if the issue was the same... and it is.

Basically, I call up the Plexi 50W Preset, call up Scene 1 (6550). Then I click on the Amp in the grid, go to the white down arrow on the LIBRARY and click on SAVE from the pop-up menu. The Amp name comes up and I rename it "Plexi 50W 6550 Amp". Then the new named amp appears when I click on the black blank space beneath LIBRARY and I can see the 'new' saved Amp appear in what was the once black blank space... so it is there - until I come out of FM3 EDIT and return... then it's missing!

I won't be around today - heading to some friends shortly to gather for the big Undisputed Heavyweight fight (the first in 25 years!!!!!!) between Tyson Fury and Oleksander Usyk.

I have a band rehearsal tomorrow, until 3pm UK time, so will post on here once I'm back and unpacked - approx 4pm UK time.

If this ends up being a "quick fix" - which it certainly hasn't been thus far, lol, then great. If not, I shall abandon the 'stealing blocks you like from Factory Presets' approach (I now almost wish I'd never stumbled across Steve Sterlacci's YT vid, lol, and will return to what I'd been doing before: looking at Presets/ Blocks I like and then just tweaking the 'as they come' Blocks until they're near identical to the ones in the Presets I like. It's certainly proved to be quicker (for me, of course) than this new route I've attempted to take.

Again, I am hugely grateful for all the good will, assistance and help I've been receiving from you fabulous forum folks, so far.

Enjoy your Saturday. Lee
Lee, hello. Looking forward to the fight also. Enjoy!

Whenever you have a chance, I would like you to remap you Preference Workspace Library for the Blocks in your FM-3 Edit to an External drive or thumb drive. Then follow the same process you have been doing for saving the amp block and recalling it in the library to verify.

Just to get some clarification because I may have misunderstood the issue.

You can get the saved amp from the library and see the name it in the lower left, correct? But when you go to another preset or exit out then come back you do not see it?

If so, it has always been like that. The saved block name does not stay present in the lower left. The saved block is still there but the name no longer is.

Reactions: Rex
Hi rhummellh and habuman. Happy Sunday.
I’ve had a work thing come up suddenly - Sod’s Law - and off to the West Country (UK) to visit family tomorrow. Having said that, I could take the FM3 (love this very portable little fella) and laptop with me so will actually post tomorrow afternoon.
Rhummellh: I don’t have an ‘external drive’ unless I could use a USB memory stick? Is that the same thing? Please forgive my complete tech ignorance if that is not the same thing. lol.
But maybe I could buy one (if you have any suggestions)?
Habuman: I don’t fully understand your point (my bad, not yours). I will check when I get the FM3 out when I arrive in the West Country tomorrow and I’m sure (hoping 🤞) it’ll make more sense with the unit up and running and in front of me.
Thanks 🙏 both. Enjoy your Sunday. Lee

Hi rhummellh and habuman. Happy Sunday.
I’ve had a work thing come up suddenly - Sod’s Law - and off to the West Country (UK) to visit family tomorrow. Having said that, I could take the FM3 (love this very portable little fella) and laptop with me so will actually post tomorrow afternoon.
Rhummellh: I don’t have an ‘external drive’ unless I could use a USB memory stick? Is that the same thing? Please forgive my complete tech ignorance if that is not the same thing. lol.
But maybe I could buy one (if you have any suggestions)?
Habuman: I don’t fully understand your point (my bad, not yours). I will check when I get the FM3 out when I arrive in the West Country tomorrow and I’m sure (hoping 🤞) it’ll make more sense with the unit up and running and in front of me.
Yes memory stick is fine

1. In your above post you wrote "Basically, I call up the Plexi 50W Preset, call up Scene 1 (6550). Then I click on the Amp in the grid, go to the white down arrow on the LIBRARY and click on SAVE from the pop-up menu. The Amp name comes up and I rename it "Plexi 50W 6550 Amp". Then the new named amp appears when I click on the black blank space beneath LIBRARY and I can see the 'new' saved Amp appear in what was the once black blank space."

Is this it? (see below example):

1.png

2. Then you write "so it is there - until I come out of FM3 EDIT and return... then it's missing!"

Is the below what you are referencing?

2.png

What you saved in #1 will show when you select it in the dropdown/pop-up window. However, once you switch to a new preset, come back to the previous preset or exit out of the editor only the Amp type will show but not the name of what you saved it as. Shown in #2.

Evening rhummellh and Habuman, I hope you're both well.
Wow! So my memory stick (lucky) guess was actually right then !
I didn't end up bringing the FM3 to the family visit in the end - it would've seemed a tad rude as I'm only here until Wednesday morning and would've ended up spending more time with the FM than with the FaM. So, rummellh, I'll give this a go (remap as per #121 of thread) when I get back to London on Wednesday afternoon.

Habuman: Yes, that's pretty much what I see... although I've only ever tried to Save one a amp (Plexi 50W 6550) thus far - and clearly, not very successfully, so "Plexi 50W 6550 Amp" only would appear in the blank black box below Library, with nothing in a grey box above it, as in your screen grab. Also, and I don't want to overthink/ complicate things here but when "Plexi 50W 6550 Amp" pops up, the 'box' it's in has white edging. That may be too much info. Lol.

Thanks again the pair of you for sticking with this and continuing to help and offer me a light at the end of the Preset Block stealing tunnel. Much appreciated. Lee

Oh, one more thing rhummellh: I've never "remapped a Block path" - or any other type of path for that matter - in my entire life... but a first time for everything, eh!. Thanks again.

Evening rhummellh and Habuman, I hope you're both well.
Wow! So my memory stick (lucky) guess was actually right then !
I didn't end up bringing the FM3 to the family visit in the end - it would've seemed a tad rude as I'm only here until Wednesday morning and would've ended up spending more time with the FM than with the FaM. So, rummellh, I'll give this a go (remap as per #121 of thread) when I get back to London on Wednesday afternoon.

Habuman: Yes, that's pretty much what I see... although I've only ever tried to Save one a amp (Plexi 50W 6550) thus far - and clearly, not very successfully, so "Plexi 50W 6550 Amp" only would appear in the blank black box below Library, with nothing in a grey box above it, as in your screen grab. Also, and I don't want to overthink/ complicate things here but when "Plexi 50W 6550 Amp" pops up, the 'box' it's in has white edging. That may be too much info. Lol.

Thanks again the pair of you for sticking with this and continuing to help and offer me a light at the end of the Preset Block stealing tunnel. Much appreciated. Lee
If what you see is as I outlined you are good-to-go.

Again, once you select a saved amp the name will show but once you leave that preset and return you will not see the saved name, only the amp type. It is still the amp that you selected from the saved library.

Since you can select the saved amp “Plexi 50W” and see it in the library I think you are all set.

@Habuman and @rhummellh. Hi both, I'm now back home and with my FM3 and laptop, so will see if I have any more joy after re-reading your last two posts and will let you know how I get on.
rhummellh - I wouldn't have a clue how to 'remap', I'll not lie - so will Google/ YouTube and see if I can't find how to do it.
Habuman - I'll give it a go... and see what happens - strange (and confusing) that the new name I give the saved amp doesn't show as the new name I've called it.
Thanks both,
Lee

@Habuman. Hello again. Unfortunately, things still not seem to be working - or maybe I'm just even more computer illiterate than I thought I was.
And by that I mean - as said before - I can Save an Amp I like and rename it and it's available while I'm in the Preset/ FM3 Edit... but 'not there' once I leave and come back.

For example, I've now saved two Amps from Presets I liked: Plexi 50W and Plexi 100W and popped them into two new Presets I am making around these two amps (50W = 6550 and 100W = SLP Treble). They are now in those new Presets.

But if I want to 'Recall' them and add them, to say, another new Preset, they are nowhere to be found. Other people seem to be able to click on the empty black box beneath Library and their selection of Saved amps appear... whereas nothing shows on my screen. And if I go down recalling from the library, 'Recall' is no longer an option. So, in a nutshell, the Amps I save and rename just disappear into the ether.

So maybe I do need to go down to this 'remapping' a memory stick route - though nobody else seems to have needed to do this - which I'm not confident with (I'll inevitably screw up somewhere along the way, lol) but will check out some YouTube vids for guidance.
Thanks again.

@Habuman. Hello again. Unfortunately, things still not seem to be working - or maybe I'm just even more computer illiterate than I thought I was.
And by that I mean - as said before - I can Save an Amp I like and rename it and it's available while I'm in the Preset/ FM3 Edit... but 'not there' once I leave and come back.

For example, I've now saved two Amps from Presets I liked: Plexi 50W and Plexi 100W and popped them into two new Presets I am making around these two amps (50W = 6550 and 100W = SLP Treble). They are now in those new Presets.

But if I want to 'Recall' them and add them, to say, another new Preset, they are nowhere to be found. Other people seem to be able to click on the empty black box beneath Library and their selection of Saved amps appear... whereas nothing shows on my screen. And if I go down recalling from the library, 'Recall' is no longer an option. So, in a nutshell, the Amps I save and rename just disappear into the ether.

So maybe I do need to go down to this 'remapping' a memory stick route - though nobody else seems to have needed to do this - which I'm not confident with (I'll inevitably screw up somewhere along the way, lol) but will check out some YouTube vids for guidance.
Thanks again.
@Lee Servis when I get home today will send you some detailed instructions. Believe you just might be missing a step or misunderstanding the saved library function.

Thanks again.
Right click on the amp block in the chain and use the context menu; NOT the drop down arrow in the lower pane. Does the Library come up if you do it that way?

Back
Top Bottom