contour control in amp block possible ?

Randalljax

Axe-Master
Hey Axe Guru 's

I had a question , I used to have a custom amp that had the negative feedback control on it as well as a mid sweep control
Is there anyway to create that in the axe , I basically was a way to sweep the mids from 250 to say 1500 kHz the Rocktron Piranha used to have this feature to
How would I simulate this in the axe , would it be a filter block between the amp and cab , would I map the Freq sweep to a manual control in the performance screen. Anyone have an idea how to go about creating this perhaps. @2112

Last edited:
If you are talking preamp and the tone stack is in front of the gain stage , you can set the tone stack to active, keep mid at 12:00 and use the input eq of the amp block as a sweepable mid (or use the tone stack of your choice and use the input eq to shape the tone any way you like). You could also change the tone stack frequency, but that would effect the Bass and Treble frequencies as well.
If you want the mids post power amp, yes a filter or a peq would do.

On the controls, you have the right idea, set the freq and gain to a manual controls. You might want to constrain the freqs to usable values like 250-1500).

I am going to guess that the negative feedback control may have been a depth control.
" I used to have a custom amp that had the negative feedback control on it as well as a mid sweep control"

Last edited:
I am going to guess that the negative feedback control may have been a depth control.
Could have been it was actually
voice and seems to loosen up the low end or focus it to be tight
i would say yes the control i am going for is in the preamp not the power section so i want mid freq
sweep like what you mentioned
and have that control added to my performance page like
bass mid , mid voice , treble
thanks for all the ideas. Appreciate it , would be cool if FAS made something like FAS Modern4 w sweepable mid control

If you are talking preamp and the tone stack is in front of the gain stage , you can set the tone stack to active, keep mid at 12:00 and use the input eq of the amp block as a sweepable mid (or use the tone stack of your choice and use the input eq to shape the tone any way you like). You could also change the tone stack frequency, but that would effect the Bass and Treble frequencies as well.
If you want the mids post power amp, yes a filter or a peq would do.

On the controls, you have the right idea, set the freq and gain to a manual controls. You might want to constrain the freqs to usable values like 250-1500).
One question on the Active tonestack so if I set that up in my performance screen and use the freq dial from the input eq
does the basic mid control in the pre now just function as a cut / boost of the freq selected

Negative Feedback control is a Negative Feedback control. See Power Amp page in Amp block.
I was speaking about his custom amp, not the axe-fx.
" I used to have a custom amp that had the negative feedback control on it as well as a mid sweep control"

Last edited:
One question on the Active tonestack so if I set that up in my performance screen and use the freq dial from the input eq
does the basic mid control in the pre now just function as a cut / boost of the freq selected
The active tonestack allows for an easy way to set the mids on the preamp to no boost or cut so the setting in the input will solely act as the mids.
The input eq is applied right before the input drive.

Back
Top Bottom