Connect iPad and MIDI controller?

When I had my AX8, I used an iPad (connected via a Yamaha UD-BT01), running Setlistmaker to control presets on the AX8 as well as Fracpad to tweak the settings. Now I have my FM3 and it seems I'll need to use the MIDI input to do the same thing. That would be fine, I could buy a Yamaha MD-BT01 for that, except I'm also contemplating an external MIDI device (such as the Morningstar MC6). I would then use that MIDI controller to switch effects on/off (and possibly other functions as well), while I use the 3 fs on the FM3 to control scenes. I'm aware the Morningstar can also be used to move from preset to preset in a setlist, but I'd still want to use Fracpad. Also, Setlistmaker allows for easy changing setlists on the fly (without needing a laptop). And, AFAIK, the Yamaha MD-BT01 will only work with an iPad and not with for instance the Xsonic Airstep, plus you wouldn't be able to connect with two devices simultaneously. I get the feeling I'm taking an unusual approach here and was wondering if there's an easier way to achieve what I want, which is: a way to connect both my iPad and a MIDI footcontroller to my FM3. I guess the only answer I can think of is an FC6, but that's also the most expensive solution....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom