• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Computer Audio Volume

JiveTurkey

Inspired
I could be mistaken; but system sounds no longer get routed through the Axe. So that's a big plus. As those were always rather, um; loud. Because that's my favorite way to play.

Kamil Kisiel

Veteran
@JiveTurkey if you're on a Mac, you can choose where your system sounds go in the Audio MIDI Setup program. Right-click on a device and select "Play Alerts and Sound Effects through this Device"

I always have that set to my computer speakers so I don't get alerts through my monitors but can still play eg: iTunes or YouTube when I need to reference something through them.

unix-guy

Legend!
I could be mistaken; but system sounds no longer get routed through the Axe. So that's a big plus. As those were always rather, um; loud. Because that's my favorite way to play.
That depends on whether or not you set the Axe Fx as your default sound interface or not, I think.

GlennO

Inspired
Is there a workaround for adjusting the computer audio volume that is returned to USB 1/2? Computer is very loud compared to the guitar sound. So far, I’ve had to make sure to adjust volume sliders on all apps or videos before pressing play.
On MacOS, I believe LoopBack from Rogue Amoeba will do what you need. This app allows you to create a virtual output device that you can use to merge and reroute audio, and that has a level control for all audio going from the computer to the AxeFX that is missing if you simply use the AxeFX as your output device.

Top Bottom