Wish COMPARE - PLEASE!

I want a compare function on Axe Edit

• Total voters

Patzag

Fractal Fanatic
I would like a COMPARE button on Axe Edit. I know there's a Snapshot function which works, but it's unwieldy to use.

The simple version: Load your preset, mess with it, click on COMPARE - The button "illuminates", the original preset gets loaded in the edit buffer and you can listen to it. Unclick COMPARE and you're back where you were.
Behind the scenes: When COMPARE gets clicked, Axe Edit takes a snapshot of the current state of the preset and saves it to a register. Upon "unclick" the register gets loaded and purged. Doable?

I'd love to see that on the front panel, which I use 95% of the time, but at least this should come to Axe Edit.

Pretty please!

I would love it. Something like an advanced snapshot where you could quickly go between a few iteration and the original would be awesome. The directory of temp snapshots could just be cleared out on preset changes and shutdown.

I would be happy with just saving my favorite blocks for use in other presets......
At least I can x y, happy for that

Something similar to Photoshop's undo and redo where maybe you can go 3 to 5 levels back and forth would be sweet!

That's cool too, but still want to be able to go back and forth from current position to original so we can compare with a single click.
Even 75 levels of undo won't let you compare with a single click unless you implement something like "Undo History" and then it's still complex.

OK, if multiple levels of UNDO is ALSO there, I'd be happy too ;)!

Something similar to Photoshop's undo and redo where maybe you can go 3 to 5 levels back and forth would be sweet!

OH yea! I like this one, like the photoshop history... clicking back and forth through the latest changes...+gazillions...

I'll save you the trouble of voting on this. We already have plans for a compare feature, but it will need to wait until time allows. There are some more important things to do first, including Axe-Manage.

Yesssss!!!!!
Picard-YES-meme.jpg

dears,
and another function i would like to have is a comparison table in between 2 presets, highlighting only the parameters with different values. Because with the very large "tweakablity" of our favorite toy, it's not obvious to quickly point out these differences, that can make 2 "similar" patches to sound very differently.

I'll save you the trouble of voting on this. We already have plans for a compare feature, but it will need to wait until time allows. There are some more important things to do first, including Axe-Manage.

....and restoring off-line editing for Rodney?

j/k

Back
Top Bottom