Commercial U2 preset packs

Are all of the packs working properly on Q7 or Q7b3?

Zoo tv and Popmart are not updated to Q7 yet, although as far as I can tell the only differences between Qb7 and Q7 are comp (which I had already set to 75.7 in Qb7 anyways) and speaker drive (which I set to different values than default). In other words, there should be no difference between the 2 packs made on Qb7 and the one made in Q7, they will all work on Q7.

I'll install beta 7.02 later today and see what's the new motor drive algo like. Never cared for it that much since it was reworked a few fw's ago..

Are you going to do alternate versions of the Era packs as well?

In the case of the Zoo TV pack you used the Sydney DVD, but the Sydney show was very different from the average Zoo TV show. U2 did broadcast their 1992 Washington show, which is a far more representative Zoo TV show. And the Mexico Popmart show misses Miami, which was played for most of the tour during legs 1 & 2

Are you going to do alternate versions of the Era packs as well?

In the case of the Zoo TV pack you used the Sydney DVD, but the Sydney show was very different from the average Zoo TV show. U2 did broadcast their 1992 Washington show, which is a far more representative Zoo TV show. And the Mexico Popmart show misses Miami, which was played for most of the tour during legs 1 & 2

See, just like when we play live, it's impossible to make everyone happy! lol
I decided to go for the dvd setlists as those are the ones that most people are familiar with and play along to! And I also took into account the variety of presets within a pack, for example, you quoted "Miami", that's just the big cheese, which is already in the outro of discotheque.. so you just bypass the filter block, leave the fuzz block on, and there you have Miami!
Although some of the different eras outtakes will be in the "extras" pack (i.e. ultra violet zoo tv version etc). And when I finish the tour packs I might be making more extras packs to include the rest of the live tunes that didn't make the first tour packs (i.e. slane, outside broadcast etc).

You don't read the news on the website, do you?? lol

News...what news??!?! ;) Too busy listening to the clips!

Actually, I check it daily, including last night and there was nothing new to report. I will check! Damn, now I know what I sound like to my students!!! lol

Back
Top Bottom