Commercial U2 preset packs

Looking forward to the earlier packs being updated to 7.2.

According to @edo, they won't be updated;

"The Vertigo Pack is the first pack made with FW Q7.2, although I did not use the new motor drive function, because I feel it adds quite some extra compression, whereas the Vertigo tour tone sounds very open. In other words, I installed Q7.2 but I'm not using any of the new features, this means that preset packs made on previous fw's (b7 and 7) are still unchanged and don't need any update yet."

https://edofaiella.wixsite.com/u2sounds/single-post/2017/03/30/VERTIGO-PACK-PRE-ORDER

Thanks Toopy14. I don't read the Edo site everyday but, subjectively, the sound from 7.1 to 7.2 has changed which is why I was expecting an update. But I trust Edo's ears and if there is no change then I'm good with it.

There is a slight change, for the better though! I hear a much better balance between top and bottom ends, it's much more pleasing at any volume. If I had to update previous packs, probably I'd just make the zoo pack more trebly, because it has to be almost painfully bright - although I like it better as it is!

Hi Edo!

Amazing work as aways. I noticed that the Vertigo Streets version has much more chime than the Elevation one. Did you recorded with the same guitar and with the same pickup position? I know that Edge's tone isn't the same too, but just asking...

Hi Edo!

Amazing work as aways. I noticed that the Vertigo Streets version has much more chime than the Elevation one. Did you recorded with the same guitar and with the same pickup position? I know that Edge's tone isn't the same too, but just asking...

Yes, same guitar / pickup. The core tone of the vertigo tour (and 360) is much brighter than the elevation tour. Maybe it has to do with the beta 58 used to mic the amps as opposed to the 57. The cable makes the difference too. And in vertigo streets is in standard tuning, so probably with 10's as opposed to 11's, and that might add some extra brightness / chime!

I would guess not, as that would give you the default settings instead of his settings.

That's correct. Or if you want to reset the amp block, take note of the cut, preamp tube and speaker drive parameters, as those are the ones that are different and change back to default upon reset.

On a side note, I just found out that the presets using the comp block sound much quieter than they should, so I'm going to fix / update those in the next couple days. Will post in the website news when I'm ready with the fixed patches.

Any chance of an a la carte individual song offering? I LOVE the tour packs, but I'm not in a U2 tribute band so I can't really justify it to myself to buy a whole pack when I would never get to use them all. I do would like to use the odd tones here and there for my own music. With 20 songs per pack that would on average come down to $5 per song. Although even at $10 per song it would still be reasonable (to make buying the whole pack still more interesting).

From the FAQs:

"
Q. Is it possible to buy individual presets?
A. Yes, you can buy existing / released presets for €20 each, or sets of 4 presets for €50. Custom presets are €30"

Absolutely amazing demo tracks. I bought a set. Can't wait to see how you do it. I am an AX8 user so I won't be able to use them to their fullest. I do expect to learn an awful lot by converting them and digging into them.

Nice work EDO. Very nice!

Hi
i wanted to take a little time to give my own opinion , experience on Edo ' s work.
i ve read many threads on this forum and on U2guitartutorial forum, the main subject was often the price of packs.
i m not here to "defend" any position , just express my thoughts on that, Edo has answered himself !!!!
it s been long years since i began to play U2 s stuff on guitar , i ve bought my first guitar to play sunday bloody sunday , like many others i began my "quest" to get close as possible to The Edge sound , the "Scientist of the band "!!!!! as Bono often says.....
i was one of the ones who wrote to Edo and asked him for his presets ,
today i must say that i m happy that he has decided to began to create and sell his packs and here s why :
i ve never had such pleasure playing U2 s music until i ve used Edo s sounds, each time i load one preset and began to play with it , i say ...waoh...that s it , amazing , i m like a young boy with his christmas present on the 25th of December !!!!!
all these sounds allow me to play new U2 s song that i ve never tried before as it was too complicated to get the right tone , or two many different tones in just one song .
Of course it s not the same as if i ve created these presets by myself but i know that i m not and i won t be able to !!!!!! so....
U2 , The Edge are my main influences and i ve never had such a pleasure playing guitar at home or with band until today
so i d like to finish by saying a HUGE thanks to Edo for his work and i really hope he will keep on .....
Fafa

i ve never had such pleasure playing U2 s music until i ve used Edo s sounds, each time i load one preset and began to play with it , i say ...waoh...that s it , amazing , i m like a young boy with his christmas present on the 25th of December !!!!!

HUGE AMEN!!

@fafakiwi I couldn't agree with you more. I was just playing An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart with my Edge Strat and Vertigo with my Tele, along with the clips from the Vertigo tour and I still continue to be amazed at the accuracy of @edo's presets to the tour they are modeled after.

I asked Edo as well if he would consider selling his presets and when he told me he was in the process of trying to come up with a way to distribute them and come up with a price, I was to say the least, very excited. Then when he posted his sound samples of his presets, I couldn't wait.

I have to admit, I was hit by sticker shock when I saw the price, especially when you convert Euros to CDN dollars! However, once I tried them, I can say without a doubt, it's the best guitar related purchase I've ever made. I turn on the Axe-Fx, load a preset and play. It's pure fun and enjoyment now!

I'm 53 this year, only picked up a guitar for the first time at 41. I've spent most of the last 12 years, buying and selling gear in the search for that ethereal Edge tone. I've been able to learn quite a few U2 songs over those years, but I could never play most of them from start to finish because of the different tones and effects changes within most songs. Now with Setlist Maker and Edo's presets, all I have to do is concentrate on playing. Since I've bought Edo's presets, I've learned at least 6-7 new songs and now I can play them from start to finish without having to stomp on a MIDI controller or tweak presets. Now I can play songs I never thought possible, like One, Beautiful Day, etc., that have so many effects changes in them.

I also have to say, I've had many discussions with Edo over the last 9 years, or so and he has been both a huge influence and a big help. I've learned a great deal from him over those years. It's another reason why I didn't let the price bother me, he's worked hard, both creating the presets and answering questions. I believe he's earned it. Thanks Edo! :)

Last edited:
Hi Toopy,,
So we have the same feedback, the same opinion....we know each other what we are talking about !!!!
It has not Been 9 years since I wrote Edo but in the last two months I ve sent him many mails , question , requests.... I always had an answer , a solution , a little help....
Maybe just at least I had no answer but anyway ....
I think we are ....LUCKY and there surely others people who think the same.....
Each I switch on the axe I go for a U2 stuff ...
No tweak , no heardache , jus fun !!!!!
If someone had told me 3 months ago when I bought my Axe fx that I Would have such pleasure with using using Edo s U2s pack I would not have believe it and for sure it s real !!!!

I just got around to playing with your Popmart pack, and it sounds awesome. One thing I noticed is that your presets sound way softer then my own, or most factory presets for that matter. This seems like a useful thing to have, as it prevents the dreading clipping from taking place, let the Axe master volume pick up the difference instead. But I can't seem to find how you did this. Your amp, cab and scene volumes seem to be no different then mine.

I would look at the Level parameter i the Amp block. I'm guessing that you (muad'zin) don't normally use -14 there, but I could be wrong

Actually I do use -14 for my level. That's why I'm so puzzled as to how he managed to get his presets at a lower volume.

try this: save a copy of one of my patches to a new preset, then copy and paste your amp/cab block on the Y of my preset blocks and see what parameters are different! One thing that comes to mind is the panning, when you pan the cab block on the side you might perceive it quiter than a patch panned center

Any timeline yet on updated v8 versions for released packs?

To be quite honest, I've just played 2 gigs after installing q8.02 and I must say, presets never sounded this good! I didn't notice anything strange (like what happened with the comp block on the last fw update), levels were fine, gain was fine, and all presets had a little extra chime, which was very welcome! So for now, i think I'll focus on finishing up the 360 pack, and wait for the next major release to see if older packs need a refresh!

Back
Top Bottom