Commercial U2 preset packs

I just purchased the ZooTV pack and can confirm that the presets are fantastic. I've tried many, many U2 presets and these are the best sounding by far!

Quick question for @edo... I converted the presets for my AX8 and some of the presets are much lower volume than some of the others (Zoo Station and One come to mind as being very quiet). I'm guessing this is due to the AX8 only supporting one amp. What way would you recommend bringing up the volume in the presets that are quiet? I was going to just use the level in the amp block but figured I would ask.

Thanks.

I just purchased the ZooTV pack and can confirm that the presets are fantastic. I've tried many, many U2 presets and these are the best sounding by far!

Quick question for @edo... I converted the presets for my AX8 and some of the presets are much lower volume than some of the others (Zoo Station and One come to mind as being very quiet). I'm guessing this is due to the AX8 only supporting one amp. What way would you recommend bringing up the volume in the presets that are quiet? I was going to just use the level in the amp block but figured I would ask.

Thanks.
Hi, all packs are fantastic....for myself I stay hours and hours on "love is blindness", so fun to play ... and a fantastic song in live conditions,
Edo will answer you but I think your write Matt,
Use amp block level , add few dB to have all your presets at the same level when you switch from one to the others !!!!!
Have fun ...
Fafa

Thanks.

I normally adjust the scenes volume from the output main level. Generally the level for scenes using 1 amp block is at 0, scenes using 2 amp blocks are -4 or -5 depending on the amps used.
So in order to compensate the levels on the ax8, you should probably set all scenes' main out level at 0

Any news about the 360 pack ?
Cant wait anymore ;)

Unfortunately at the moment there is no release date set yet, because I'm very busy touring with the band and pretty much 80% of my gear, including the axe, stays at the band's storage space for those couple days off per week I have. As soon as I have at least a full week away from touring, I'll try and finish what I started a few weeks ago!

To be quite honest, I've just played 2 gigs after installing q8.02 and I must say, presets never sounded this good! I didn't notice anything strange (like what happened with the comp block on the last fw update), levels were fine, gain was fine, and all presets had a little extra chime, which was very welcome! So for now, i think I'll focus on finishing up the 360 pack, and wait for the next major release to see if older packs need a refresh!
That's all I needed to know! I am buying them all...

Thanks @edo. I checked the level for scenes on some of the quieter patches and it was already at 0. Raising it higher didn't seem to make that much difference in the volume surprisingly. Any other ways that you prefer to raise the volume? By the way, I'm sure this is an AX8 conversion issue not an issue with the Axefx presets you created. Thanks!

Thanks @edo. I checked the level for scenes on some of the quieter patches and it was already at 0. Raising it higher didn't seem to make that much difference in the volume surprisingly.
From zero, you should be able to make the preset way (20 dB) louder. Are you sure you're adjusting the right parameter?

I fixed it. A couple of the scenes had come over with the cab block bypassed. All the others worked perfectly so didn't even think to check the simplest solution. Thanks all!

Since I posted a clip with my U2 presets a few weeks ago, I got quite some requests to make them available for sale, so finally, here they are: https://edofaiella.wixsite.com/u2sounds

P.S. feel free to give me some feedback on the website as I didn't have much time to double check it with different computers etc!
The presets sound great in the demo tracks. Still, I've had such bad experiences with not being able to tailor presets to my particular guitar and pickups. I would love to know if your presets are easy to work with in that way. Individual presets would be great and outstanding!

The presets sound great in the demo tracks. Still, I've had such bad experiences with not being able to tailor presets to my particular guitar and pickups. I would love to know if your presets are easy to work with in that way. Individual presets would be great and outstanding!
Which guitar are you using?

Back
Top Bottom