Clipping with new PRS Dusty Waring CE 24 Floyd

HOSKINSON

Bought New PRS Dusty Waring CE 24 Floyd and I have my "A/D SENSITIVITY" clear down to 20 %.Mojo 2 Pickups are so hot. It sounds fierce in my Soldano Astro 20. Any suggestions of any tricks to compensate?

Are you concerned about how hot the signal is going into the grid / amp model?, in which case you can lower global "input gain" or "level" in the input block or adjust guitar setup), OR, are you concerned about A/D conversion clipping (solid red input lights on FP), in which case you can still go lower on global input sensitivity (which does not affect signal strength in the grid as mentioned above).

Same issue here. I have two of these guitars and while playing, I always see the “IN1CLIP” warning popping up when using them. All my other guitars, even my EVH Frankie with a Wolfgang pickup are fine.

Same issue here. I have two of these guitars and while playing, I always see the “IN1CLIP” warning popping up when using them. All my other guitars, even my EVH Frankie with a Wolfgang pickup are fine.
Exactly! Just paid $3,000 for this Beast and I love it. If I change all the settings to compensate, then all my other guitars will sound off when playing them. It lights my Real Amps up to smiling while playing. These are HOT PICKUPS!

Exactly! Just paid $3,000 for this Beast and I love it. If I change all the settings to compensate, then all my other guitars will sound off when playing them. It lights my Real Amps up to smiling while playing. These are HOT PICKUPS!
I have a Schecter Banshee Elite and that Bridge is HOT and doesn't clip at all

Still curious why people don't want any controls way out of the middle on their amps but they prefer volume and tone on ten on their guitars.

As for PRS CEs, they have a treble-bleed on the volume knob, so the lows get reduced on lower volume knob settings, the tone gets de-muddyfied there. Tight rhythm with lowered vol knob, signal not too hot even when playing chords there. And with an opened knob fat soloing and also signal not too hot when you play lines only. Great stuff when you use it that way.

The A/D Sensitivity is a compensated control. It should not affect the sound from your other guitars by lowering it...

20% would clip with my lowest output guitar, and I don't have any guitars with high output pickups. I keep the input sensitivity at 5% and my PRS P24 with stock 57/10s clips sometimes.

Don't be afraid to lower the sensitivity.

As for PRS CEs, they have a treble-bleed on the volume knob, so the lows get reduced on lower volume knob settings, the tone gets de-muddyfied there. Tight rhythm with lowered vol knob, signal not too hot even when playing chords there. And with an opened knob fat soloing and also signal not too hot when you play lines only. Great stuff when you use it that way.

The treble bleed is just a capacitor jumped across the volume pot, so higher frequencies pass through regardless of the position of the volume pot.

My PRS custom24 and my PRS CE24, both with humbuckers 85/15, are set to 30%. There is no clipping. (Axe fx3 mk2 turbo fw 24.00)
Maybe you have your pickup height too high.
Check them.

I don't know where people get the idea that a value between 0 and 100 is somehow "wrong" and needs to be fixed.
I think the "issue" is, guys do not want to change these values for different guitars.

"then all my other guitars will sound off when playing them" he said.

It takes as long as it takes to take a couple sips of coffee, but the fact they didn't have to do it on their analog setup in the same way, it will annoy certain people, until they get over it.

I think the "issue" is, guys do not want to change these values for different guitars.

"then all my other guitars will sound off when playing them" he said.

It takes as long as it takes to take a couple sips of coffee, but the fact they didn't have to do it on their analog setup in the same way, it will annoy certain people, until they get over it.
There is no need to change it for all their guitars...

Back
Top Bottom