Clipping with new PRS Dusty Waring CE 24 Floyd

I think the "issue" is, guys do not want to change these values for different guitars.

"then all my other guitars will sound off when playing them" he said.

It takes as long as it takes to take a couple sips of coffee, but the fact they didn't have to do it on their analog setup in the same way, it will annoy certain people, until they get over it.

The issue is strictly psychological. People feel more comfortable setting a parameter to a value in the middle of the range. A value of 5% may be correct, but people have an irrational fear of values at either end of the range.

I have Gibson Les Paul’s, and 4 different PRS guitars (all have very different pickups). Fenders are mostly single coils, and my guitars don’t have hot pickups… except my ‘68 ‘molested’ bastard Tele .. that I love, which has a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge. That guitar will clip the input if I punch it. I’m guessing not by much, as I don’t hear clipping and if I’m not mistaken.. there’s what, still 6db headroom? I try to set input as close as I can get. Maybe I should lower it.. not looking now, but it’s around 18%. Here’s the battle axe..

Attachments

• IMG_2109.jpeg
    IMG_2109.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom