ClinchFX EP-Pre using the Tape Drive ... ?

R.D.

Power User
Anybody found a setting that approximates either the "pre-amp" section of the original Echoplex EP-3 or the ClinchFX version ?

I’m assuming Tape Drive, right ? There was a thread over @ MetroAmp where one of the members is doing a DIY project, and they’re talking all kinds of specific resistors, caps, etc; ( none of which I actually understand ) ?

Plus, I realize the “effect” itself is pretty darn subtle, but I’m not having much luck trying to match Pete Thorn’s YouTube vid ….

Any help would be appreciated !

THANKS ….

I've been wondering about that too- only from the Roland re-301 preamp side of things ala the Nocturne Dyno Brain. I have also been assuming the tape drive is the starting point, although it's really only a guess on my part.

I asked a similar question a few months back and got some replies but I can't find the thread on the forum. The responses were definitely discussing using the Tape Drive as a starting point. Settings were posted. If you look it up you should be able to find them :)

Avenyr ...,

THANKS ! But that's not what I'm looking for ....

I'm talking about just the pre-amp effect that the original Echoplex EP-3 gives .... I don't want any actual "delay" in my sound. That's why I mentioned the ClinchFX EP-3 ..., because that is a stand alone pedal that was "modelled" after the Pre-Amp section of the original ....

Lately there's discussion if the EP-3's preamp had a compression stage built into it too ?

Back
Top Bottom