Cliff's Reviews

That sort of thing is on a team by team basis - there is no company-wide beerathon on Fridays. Also, Microsoft has always been good about paying for cab rides home from any sort of event involving alcohol.

There was beer in the cafeteria when I worked in building 16 on the Redmond campus (I think it was building 16 - it's been 20 years so I may have the building number wrong) from 1999-2000. I was working with a developer who was optimizing the Proxy code for best performance. I was there for just over a year during the dev and release of Windows 2000.

I guess that I should have been clearer because you're right, I only knew about the building that I worked in. I did not know whether this happened in other parts of the company. Not trying to spread any negative rumors. Just speaking about my direct experience. People got tipsy sometimes, but I never saw anyone abuse alcohol there. Everyone that I worked with was responsible. I thought that it was a great perk. My thought is that this probably does not happen anymore due to Microsoft's liability if someone did drive home drunk and got in an accident.

Back on topic . . . By coincidence someone left a box of Polar Grapefruit in my work area. I am generally working from home, but had to go in to our deserted buidling for something and found the box. I love Grapefruit so I grabbed a couple of cans to try it out. Alas, I forgot the cans at my desk. So I will have to try them out when I next go in to the office.

ive worked for a few software companies here in bay area for over ten years and there is always snacks, drinks, beer, wine, food, if you can keep in in a refrigerator and freezer and cook it in a microwave or toaster oven it's there as long as it from Costco... These are perks that are common place in the area at tech businesses.

Back
Top Bottom