CLIFF'S NEW 6.0 CLIP

Well in funny_polymath's defense, he DID say that this clip was the exception compared to most clips that he had heard, in which he thought the Axe-FX II FW-6.0 clips sounded great. So since he was "deceived" about Cliff's latest clips'-sources, doesn't that really mean funny_polymath has consistently thought highly of the 6.0-clips, and therefore his ears are to be commended for their consistency?!? Think about it....

Just sayin...

Bill

Actually. I think you nailed it! The first 6.0 clip I ever I heard (a bluesey, Fendery thing, if I recall), I expounded that the Axe cut sounded BETTER than the amp - which indeed demolishes any idea of 'pro amp bias' - so indeed, these old ears apparently know the good stuff! I'm pleased that someone got this. Cliff, you'll have to find a better poster child than me: I seem to always like the sound of your device over the originals!

Last edited:
HAHAHA!

I was thinking that. "It would be cool if they said one is the amp and it wasn't"

That was funny! lol

I don't get the 'got ya'. If it had been ONE clip and I'd heard two, then I was listening with my ears. But if I heard two clips and liked one better, and it was the AXE, and I've liked all the previous 6.0 axe clips better than their amp counterparts, where's the 'got ya'? I will happily take the brunt of the joke when it's appropriate, but I have preferred ALL of the Axe 6.0s over the 'real' clips. So that just means? It means I apparently like the Axe more than tubes. hey, I'll happily say that. I tell everyone that my Axe sounds "like the best Fender amp I've ever had, only better!" - and that's just my Ultra!

Glad to see Cliff posting again.

Everyone likes that... don`t we.. (yes we do)
It`s his house afterall :)

Think ill take a sleeping pill tonight..he he. Wake up fresh og and fill the day,waiting for a gift l8ter on.

Let the matching begin.

A friend of mine got Marshall AFD/slash,Yng"wee" Plexi. Marshall Vintage/modern,Mesa Roadking(combo) and alot more.. dont remember all. ohh.. and alot og cabs.

SweetT!

Glad to see Cliff posting again.

Everyone likes that... don`t we.. (yes we do)
It`s his house afterall :)

Think ill take a sleeping pill tonight..he he. Wake up fresh og and fill the day,waiting for a gift l8ter on.

Let the matching begin.

A friend of mine got Marshall AFD/slash,Yng"wee" Plexi. Marshall Vintage/modern,Mesa Roadking(combo) and alot more.. dont remember all. ohh.. and alot og cabs.

SweetT!

Yer gonna be really busy! Hope he's got some nice mics and preamps too, though.

Mics..some.
..preamps,nope.
But we`ll find a way. I have a friend, he own`s a studio.

And he got some goodis (amps) as well

moes BBQ.jpgFrom my band's gig last night I had several people come up to the stage and go....... your guitar sounds AWESOME! Then the sound guy came up on stage and said "Dude, that was the easiest setup I've ever done, and by far the best sounding! What is that thing?!?!?" I replied "A revolution my friend."

Cliff - There's a new item on my bucket list. "High Five Cliff"

My first reaction was that it doesn't exactly capture the D-style tone I'm after, but who knows what amp it is (the amp, not the sim...there are different Dumble ODS's), and how the amp was mic'd, what speaker, what guitar, p'ups, etc. But I had to say I had to listen pretty carefully to hear a difference between early and late in the song, and even then I could go either way regarding a preference.

Seems good to me!

But it seems like anyone who expresses skepticism is pretty quickly lambasted here. Maybe not a good thing?

i thought the second part of the clip sounded way better. which is fortunate for me because i have the axefx2. i would have said the 2nd clip sounded better regardless of which was which and i think funny_polymath wouldn't have flip flopped his answers if he knew which was which as well...

By seeing Cliff hanging about and replying means V6.0 is coming, boys! Haha. Get some sleep, sir. Thank you!

To my ears the sounds are very close, and that was the challenge to be met, no? Very good results here! :)

if i didnt know there was 2 clips, i would have thought it was all the same amp. I mean, I listened really hard just to see if I could hear a difference at all! I wasn't even able to tell if there really was one. Then if you asked me t tell you which was better... well.... neither! it sounds like the same damn amp lol. I'm still unsure if there are 2 amps in this clip. lol. WTF fractal! hahaha

My reply? GREAT! What else is there to say? I wan't commenting on which was real or modeled (took your word on that) I was commenting on which was thicker and warmer. Of course, I must ask - did you fiddle with it on purpose to sound better than the amp?

but: I am not hearing with my eyes - I mean, one is 'real' and the other is 'modeled', right?

Hey man, sorry I punched your buttons. I realize you know you're stuff. I am just so used to guys at HCAF blasting any clip they knew was an Axe Fx to pieces. All kinds of stuff they can hear nobody else can.

Anyway, I apologize.

Hey man, sorry I punched your buttons. I realize you know you're stuff. I am just so used to guys at HCAF blasting any clip they knew was an Axe Fx to pieces. All kinds of stuff they can hear nobody else can.

Anyway, I apologize.
Thanks.

No harm, no foul.

I thought the licks were more interesting in the 2nd half of the clip, so that's why I liked it better.

Personally I think the best way to do something like this is to simply say here are 2 clips which 1 do you guys like better? I think it's easier to focus more on what is important by just asking which do you like a better rather than which is a tube amp which is the axe fx. Just a thought

Back
Top Bottom