Cliff's Goodies

lp59

Experienced
I'm playing the new 1959 SLP Treble with reverb hold function in FW 16.04.1, but I have a click when I activate and deactivate the reverb hold function.
I played with the damping in the controller settings with no success. Any idea how to solve it?

Here is the preset.

I use a volume pedal on ext. 2, heel down to play clean chord, then toe down to hold the reverb and play lead on top of it.
Cabs are user slots with Ownhammer Marshall in stereo suggested by dupere11497 in a recent post to fit the new 1959.
Have fun with the preset.

Rough example where you can hear the click.

are you using the pedal to change scenes at the same time? some times I get that when changing scenes with lots of delay.I have had better results changing the bypass setting of my reverbs and delays to mute input (I think that's what it is called I'm not at my ax).

I cant help with the click but I wanted to tell you, it sounds like a mix of Mark Knopfler and David Gilmour "what an awesome sound". What guitar / pickups and cabs are you using. Thanks

Last edited:
I was having a click, too, and realized it was because my CPU usage was in the 90's. I dropped the reverb quality to normal and the click went away with lower 80% CPU.

I don't change scenes meanwhile, just the pedal to go from clean to overdrive.

The strat is a 69' Relic with Bare Knuckles Mother's Milk PU kit.

I'm not on the border of CPU limit, but I will try with low quality reverb hopping that the click is a bug. Hi-res reverb sounds great.

5df603c9e0facb80c0e0c7367c7aedd1.jpg

Cabs are dupere11497 excellent suggestion I found on the forum:
Stereo cab pan left and right. Ownhammer Marshall mix H-Sb-75 T1 median on left and Marshall M-CB-75 T1 Studio modern on right. This combo is the ultimate Marshall cab receipe, and I've tried them all!

I've got to check out those ir's.

My ultimate ir combo's are #84/PeteThornIR or TVmix&PTir. I also like the new Pre-Rola cab.

Dang, sounded good, but alas, it's for the XL. I was really hoping to give your patch a try. Thanks anyways for sharing your good stuff with the forum.

Cheers,

Lee

Works great with CAE and Bogner as well. I use null mics sometimes to smooth the highs.

Cabs are dupere11497 excellent suggestion I found on the forum:
Stereo cab pan left and right. Ownhammer Marshall mix H-Sb-75 T1 median on left and Marshall M-CB-75 T1 Studio modern on right. This combo is the ultimate Marshall cab receipe, and I've tried them all!

Thank you for the response. Are these part of the OH CAB PACK 3 on the fractal site ? or are these from OH website ? Cant seem to find them.

I don't have my computer handy, but I think it comes from Cab Pack 3, the only thing missing is T1 in the names, so maybe I don't use exactly what was suggested by dupere11497... Hope he will chime in.

I guess the original OH ir's had a choice of amps like the T1 and the Fractal UR pack don't.

Do you get the pop noise if you are not connected to usb (ax edit, sound card) my ax does crazy things when switching with usb connected. I am sorry on my first reply about the delay bypass I set them "mute fx input" that way the delay continues its repeats when you switch.

I don't have my computer handy, but I think it comes from Cab Pack 3, the only thing missing is T1 in the names, so maybe I don't use exactly what was suggested by dupere11497... Hope he will chime in.

I guess the original OH ir's had a choice of amps like the T1 and the Fractal UR pack don't.

I own all the packs so I will take a look for them without the T1. Thank you.

Do you get the pop noise if you are not connected to usb (ax edit, sound card) my ax does crazy things when switching with usb connected. I am sorry on my first reply about the delay bypass I set them "mute fx input" that way the delay continues its repeats when you switch.

The pop comes from the hold function, but I found that lowering the CPU did the trick to get rid of it.
I deleted the looper and went from 90% to 88% CPU, et voila!

I feel the urge for the Axe-Fx III, feeling the limits CPU wise with my XL. As the FW grows in quality, more CPU will be burnt. We need fuel for the beast!

I'm playing the new 1959 SLP Treble with reverb hold function in FW 16.04.1, but I have a click when I activate and deactivate the reverb hold function.
I played with the damping in the controller settings with no success. Any idea how to solve it?

Here is the preset.

I use a volume pedal on ext. 2, heel down to play clean chord, then toe down to hold the reverb and play lead on top of it.
Cabs are user slots with Ownhammer Marshall in stereo suggested by dupere11497 in a recent post to fit the new 1959.
Have fun with the preset.

Rough example where you can hear the click.

I am trying to set up my expression to activate the hold reverb button. Are there any instructions for this anywhere?? I have to plug my expression pedal into the MFC 101 since the pedal port on my Axe is already in use. On the MFC how do I set up that pedal to act as an on off switch? When I sweep the pedal it does nothing to the modifier. This is very frustrating. Its great to have the reverb hold feature but only if you can actually use it with a foot pedal.

Back
Top Bottom