Depth: 4.16
MV: 2.99
Sag: 4.00
All other params at defaults.

Cab:
Type: 4x12 Rumble EV12L Mix
Mic: None

Delay and Verb to taste.

cool I havent even tried the 2 stone, in fact I didnt know it was in there, will give her a go!

According to the video, he is using the FAS Lead 2, not the Two Stone as Cliff mentioned. Look at 2:22 and pause it. I'm not looking at just the name of the patch.

I agree I see no 2 stone no's where's :) my patch sounds much bassier, hmmm, prob. monitors or damn fletcher

There's nothing to the patch:
Amp:
Type: Two Stone J-35
Input Drive: 7.8
Overdrive: 7.95
Bass: 5.43
Mid: 4.57
Treble: 4.96
Presence: 5.17
Depth: 4.16
MV: 2.99
Sag: 4.00
All other params at defaults.

Cab:
Type: 4x12 Rumble EV12L Mix
Mic: None

Delay and Verb to taste.

Cliff - can you clarify this? As several others have mentioned, the video in one spot clearly shows the patch name and amp type as FAS Lead 2...

Look for Amp Block # 137. It's there for me and I use it. Naturally for my "Mayer-Gravity" preset.. :)
If you are looking at the available Amp Blocks, you may have to use the slider at the bottom of the window.
They could not all fit on one page.

I made two patchs. First one yesterday with the Fas Lead 2 and cab 105 (after watching the vid, so Im puzzled as well) which I matched with 106 in stereo mode, bass cut at 70 and both panned to 0 since Im running mono. Tweaked a nice dual tape delay with repeats at 350 and 700. Reverb a la Scott Peterson and got an amazing thick lead tone.
Then today I followed Cliff's recipe for the Two stone, and got an amazing tone,creamy and thick as chunky chowder. Just used same patch as before and dialed in the TwoStone and voila.
I dont get why we see something different than what Cliff gave us, but for all I know, both work great!!!
I used my Vigier Excalibur with pafs and then my Strat with HSS Suhrs. Both are very different beasts and both translate really well!

Cliff - can you clarify this? As several others have mentioned, the video in one spot clearly shows the patch name and amp type as FAS Lead 2...

I believe the patch in the video is the FAS Lead 2. The patch used in the performance he gave was probably the Two Stone.

I guess the first is FAS Lead 2, then switches to J-35......I can't play like Andy so I don't worry about these tones personally. They're great for sure. ;)

As a follow up, I dialed in the settings above and played for about an hour straight! Those settings are nice!

There were three presets dialed in the room.

One used the Two Stone: Andy's Dumble (used for "Fallen Heroes," I believe). One used the FAS Lead 2: Andy's High Gain (likely used on "Chelmsford"). The third was made for his country song "Shredneck." I'm forgetting which amp Cliff used for that one.

There were three presets dialed in the room. One used the Two Stone: Andy's Dumble (used for "Fallen Heroes," I believe). One used the FAS Lead 2: Andy's High Gain (likely used on "Chelmsford"). The third was made for his country song "Shredneck." I'm forgetting which amp Cliff used for that one.

Morgan AC-20 -- that one I remember because I've never gotten the AC-20 to sound that lively.

Morgan AC-20 -- that one I remember because I've never gotten the AC-20 to sound that lively.

Yeah I remember it being asked what amp it was and Andy not knowing and Cliff responding that it was the Morgan, pretty much stock preset.

Was good to meet you last weekend Ian.

Mark

As Yek said, I think the major difference between him and all the other shredders is that he does bluegrass like nobody's business. I don't think Tosin could do what Andy's does without having to change his whole style. Talking with Tosin, he was in awe of the kid as well. He wasn't there at the time, but he sure knew who he was.
I told Tosin about how awesome Felix's performance was and got to watch Tosin attempt to play his 14 string with a deer-in-the-headlights look. I don't think it was going too well for him :)

Having that preset is not going to do me any good. Even Steve Lukather himself has been published saying, "Yes, I have plugged into Eddie's rig....I don't sound like Eddie...I just sound like me, playing through Eddie's rig."

Of course, any of us would give our left one, to sound like Steve Lukather, but Steve wanted to sound like EVH, his favorite player.

If I had this preset, it would still sound like a drunk toddler picked up Andy's guitar and attempted to use it.

:lol I'd probably give up my right one too! :stupid:

Back
Top Bottom