Cliff, can you please share this?

Its the fingers, sounds like and amalgamation of styles, I hear Vinnie Moore, EJ, Warren and many other amazing players wrapped up in one Doood!

There's nothing to the patch:
Amp:
Type: Two Stone J-35
Input Drive: 7.8
Overdrive: 7.95
Bass: 5.43
Mid: 4.57
Treble: 4.96
Presence: 5.17
Depth: 4.16
MV: 2.99
Sag: 4.00
All other params at defaults.

Cab:
Type: 4x12 Rumble EV12L Mix
Mic: None

Delay and Verb to taste.

My eyes must be getting really bad. lol I thought it was the FAS Lead 2. :?

Those monitors sounds damn good!! Was it loud in the room?? What model are those??
They weren't ear shattering loud. Just comfortable loud. Loud enough to drown out the racket from the rest of the amp show. And yea, they sounded superb in the room. Unbelievably good. But they are also quite big and heavy looking. And expensive. And no longer made. Cliff called them the best representation of FRFR at one point during the show.

There's nothing to the patch:
Amp:
Type: Two Stone J-35
Input Drive: 7.8
Overdrive: 7.95
Bass: 5.43
Mid: 4.57
Treble: 4.96
Presence: 5.17
Depth: 4.16
MV: 2.99
Sag: 4.00
All other params at defaults.

Cab:
Type: 4x12 Rumble EV12L Mix
Mic: None

Delay and Verb to taste.

Just got back from rehearsal where I dialed in a TwoRock patch with my Zappa Roxy SG and the Dumble Cab, before I saw this post. I was blown away by the Two-Rock Jet amp sound, easy sustain, really interesting mids and the pick attack "chirped" -- really very cool, like imagined a real good Dumble to be like. So great to have this amp in the AXE II. Andy Woods sounded amazing through it, but Andy would sound amazing through just about anything. :)

As Yek said, I think the major difference between him and all the other shredders is that he does bluegrass like nobody's business. I don't think Tosin could do what Andy's does without having to change his whole style. Talking with Tosin, he was in awe of the kid as well. He wasn't there at the time, but he sure knew who he was.

"The kid" is actually five years older than Tosin ;-)

Nothing wrong with a little shredding amongst friends. If you can shred with great tone, let it rip!!!

Andy is an absolutely amazing player!! Thanks for sharing.

What kind of guitar and pickups is he using? That tone is amazing.. I love how it blooms on some of those high bendy notes. Great player, great gear together...

Andy is truly one of the greatest players I've ever seen, and also one of the nicest and most humble people I've ever had the pleasure to hang out with. I'm really shocked that not more people know who he is, no matter what he does, he is just sooo musical. Even if he's going through a billion notes like the video, or only playing 1 or 2, each and every single one of them has a purpose and a meaning.

Andy's solo during the James Santiago session, was so good and very inspiring. It was as if time had stood still.

Last edited:
I had a ridiculous amount of fun with this tonight:

Screenshot%202013-10-12%2023.04.55.png

I dialed the input drive and overdrive back and bit from what Cliff posted and then used two Tube Drive blocks with varying levels of gain and level to juice it. Fat and sustainy and just mmmmmmmm.

I have to report a bug though. I still don't sound anywhere near as good as Andy! :)

Back
Top Bottom