Closed "Clean Up Layout" Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugly Bunny

Power User
Inspired by this thread.

Essentially, when we're getting close to DSP capacity, it'd be nice if there was a button to clean up the layout; space things the most efficiently and remove unused shunts, etc. Maybe even remove blocks that aren't used in any scene (the option might have different check-boxes for how much control you want it to have), remove inputs/outputs that aren't being used or routed to/from, or remove gear from channels that aren't being used - basically, any and every way to maximize DSP.

If not outright removal of unused blocks/channels, etc., perhaps it could do a quick scan and alert you to ways to maximize DSP. Just think it'd be a cool thing for people like me that love to have an all-in-one preset no matter how much I try to move away from that line of thinking :)

I agree w/ Yek... no way for it to be able to interpret what each users' intention is, and there's no concept like "block or channel not used in a scene." The Axe displays the DSP % for you... get too close to the max, then remove something ;-)

Inspired by this thread.

Essentially, when we're getting close to DSP capacity, it'd be nice if there was a button to clean up the layout; space things the most efficiently and remove unused shunts, etc. Maybe even remove blocks that aren't used in any scene (the option might have different check-boxes for how much control you want it to have), remove inputs/outputs that aren't being used or routed to/from, or remove gear from channels that aren't being used - basically, any and every way to maximize DSP.

If not outright removal of unused blocks/channels, etc., perhaps it could do a quick scan and alert you to ways to maximize DSP. Just think it'd be a cool thing for people like me that love to have an all-in-one preset no matter how much I try to move away from that line of thinking :)
The Axe can’t “know” any of that stuff unfortunately.

I think the best option would be to start with a minimal layout template, simple routing, bare bones, plenty of CPU, then add stuff only as you need it. That way it wouldn’t be likely to get a bunch of shunts, inputs etc you don’t need that are taking cpu up, and then you don’t need to worry about finding ways to delete that stuff

I agree. I just wish it was easier to drag & drop blocks. because if you have to add one, you have to one-by-one move everything over (or up, down, etc.). But yeah, I definitely agree with a minimal set up, though I do normally add a input all the way on the left, and then an output on the right and connect them with shunts. Still, inevitably, to clean up I consolidate and remove extra shunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom