Clean Strat Ballad

AWESOME – loved it !! ……very nice sounds/dynamics, playing was excellent.
Well done.

Thanks for listening guys!

Patch is attached.

Andreas

Attachments

• Blacky-Lead-S-andi-o.syx
    2 KB · Views: 83
NICE Andreas....tasteful.
I notice that your patch does something most of mine seem to do....a brash, distortion that comes with the attack in the high end. I am still trying to isolate the parameter(s) that will back that down to a manageable level.
I have read that we should "tickle" the red on the input...I am starting to question that being the issue.
Anybody got a line of this phenomenon, I am open.

Loved it! Great tone and tasteful playing too. Thanks for sharing the patch, I'll enjoy trying that out tomorrow. Cheers!

NICE Andreas....tasteful.
I notice that your patch does something most of mine seem to do....a brash, distortion that comes with the attack in the high end.....

Hmm, in my case it's something I WANT! (I have a drive block in front of the patch with a pedal attached to the drive mix (to find the sweet spot) to give the tone just that little bit of "extra hair" ...)

Andreas

Hi Andreas, 'scuse my ignorance but just out of interest, what is the purpose of the fx loop in the signal chain please?

Very tasty, Andreas! The neck/middle position is a very underused — and underrated — tone. You made it sing.

I notice that your patch does something most of mine seem to do....a brash, distortion that comes with the attack in the high end. I am still trying to isolate the parameter(s) that will back that down to a manageable level.
I have to agree with Andreas: that attack gives a tone with smoothness and attitude at the same time; Mark Knoppfler uses the phenomenon to great effect. But, different strokes for different folks. You can reduce it by lowering the amp gain, or using compression in front of the amp. If it's the top end you object to, try lowering the High-Cut parameter in the amp block.

I have read that we should "tickle" the red on the input...I am starting to question that being the issue.
That's still good advice; it maximizes the signal-to-noise ratio. You can lower your input level if you want to, but the methods above will do at least as much to minimize the attack, without lowering your S/N.

Last edited:
what is the purpose of the fx loop in the signal chain please?

Hi Paul,

the fx loop feeds my tube poweramp - I use the same presets for recording & live playing. The poweramp and a 4x12 are my "personal monitor" while the signal for the FOH comes directly from the AxeFx with cab sims & early reflection reverb (to make the virtual cab more 3D...)

Andreas

the fx loop feeds my tube poweramp

Hi Andreas, thanks for the explanation. I think that the tele sounds fantastic too; great playing by the way.

A few hours later....WOW! This is a GREAT sounding patch Andreas, thank you SO much. It's one of those classic to die for sounds that has eluded me for years, a kind of smooth glassy break up that I can hear in my head but have no idea how other players achieve it. All I had to do was reduce the bass and mids in the amp (I have a mahogany bodied guitar so I tend to roll those frequencies down) and there it is... Andreas as far as I'm concerned this is sonic genius and Mr. Vai isn't the only one who is grateful!

Last edited:
Andi!

Awesome playing & feel!

Thanks for sharing that patch! I really enjoy that sound. It works great with my strat!

Cheers Thomas

Back
Top Bottom