Clark Kent's Gift to Mankind

I love the balance of this patch/IR combination. I have to test the IR with my other patches later, but this sounds really, reaaally good. Pure chocolate to my ears! :D Big thanks for sharing your work Clark!

The patch and IR translated really well to my own PRS. Not tones I'd normally pull out with the band, but sure is fun to riff on the heavy stuff here at home. Thanks for posting these!

Yeah PRS Custom 24 was the original guitar in the recording. Definitely sounds amazing on both of my PRSs. :)

I've got news for you ... sounds amazing with any guitar that I have, whether they are loaded with single coils, humbuckers or both.

EDIT: hey Clark, try playing some bluesy chords and melodies with Scene 3 with the guitar's volume dialed back to 2.0 so it does not distort if you play softly. Then try it with single coil and humbucker and push it in and out of distortion by pick attack alone. Lovin it! Thanks again.

EDIT to EDIT: also try some picking-thumb-tip harmonics (letting thumb tip brush against the string after the pick releases the string) for notes above the 12 fret and listen to the echo carry the harmonics away (bend the harmonic notes too).

Last edited:
Thanks for these Clark Kent :encouragement:

Overall, the level of this patch was perfect. Just wondering though, to normalize the cab IR bypassed, I had to reduce the cab level to -3.7 dB. I do this so my output 2 levels to my guitar cabs are not so off my output 1 levels, using FRFR. Is it normal for IRs to amplify the input signal? I know the Ownhammers are even louder, sometimes 6 dB. I ask because I typically like to control the patch level with amp level because the FX loop comes off right after the amp. Just wondering your thoughts on if these should be adjusted manually as I do? I noticed you keep everything in the cab block at 0.0 dB with air and room off with motor drive at 5 and hi /lo at 10k/70 Hz; any reason for low res other than CPU conservation?

Thanks again, I had a lot of fun today and am looking forward to checking this IR out on other amps.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds great - what is your PRS tuned to? I will try the IR on my ultra soon

and for some reason I've been starting to use the lores cab. It actually sounds better to me. More muffled like a real cab when it's being mic'ed? Could be just for this IR though.

I love it! At the same time FAS is making an ultra hi-res cab model.. Do yo think its because you are a fan of mixed IRs? My feeling (haven't yet verified) is that the more IRs you mix together, the smoother the EQ curve should become, which is what happens at lower resolutions too.

man I just got to finally get a chance to crank this patch through my JSX power section out to my Recto 2X12
sounds killer, I forgot how well the 5153 behaves.

Thanks for these Clark Kent :encouragement:

Overall, the level of this patch was perfect. Just wondering though, to normalize the cab IR bypassed, I had to reduce the cab level to -3.7 dB. I do this so my output 2 levels to my guitar cabs are not so off my output 1 levels, using FRFR. Is it normal for IRs to amplify the input signal? I know the Ownhammers are even louder, sometimes 6 dB. I ask because I typically like to control the patch level with amp level because the FX loop comes off right after the amp. Just wondering your thoughts on if these should be adjusted manually as I do? I noticed you keep everything in the cab block at 0.0 dB with air and room off with motor drive at 5 and hi /lo at 10k/70 Hz; any reason for low res other than CPU conservation?

Thanks again, I had a lot of fun today and am looking forward to checking this IR out on other amps.

Well I was A/B'ing different IRs and mixing them together in stereo mode and I think I found "the right combination" which was the one I chose for this clip. To save CPU I mixed the same IRs on my computer and put them in my Axe-Fx and it just didn't sound "right". The feel was wrong and it was maybe even too direct sounding for this situation. Then I tried the lores and it was closer. But the weird thing was that even though all the settings were the same, the end result was NOT the same. So using stereo cab panned center was not the same thing as mixing those two IR's together. Something's different and it was very clear although the settings were the same. Weird stuff... but this IR simply sounded better to me as lores. You guys can try hires and see if you agree/disagree. :)

Thanks for sharing. Sounds great - what is your PRS tuned to? I will try the IR on my ultra soon

I love it! At the same time FAS is making an ultra hi-res cab model.. Do yo think its because you are a fan of mixed IRs? My feeling (haven't yet verified) is that the more IRs you mix together, the smoother the EQ curve should become, which is what happens at lower resolutions too.

My PRS is in the classic numetal Limp Bizkit tuning :D C# standard. Yeah it seems like more is more in this IR mixing thing. It's like getting another dimension. Like every microphone is an eye looking at a guitar cab. When you add all these different perspectives into one IR you'll end up with a better overall IR... but you have to choose which perspectives are good and which are not. :)

Ok! I made a little testrun with my Recto patch. Here you go:

Original Clip

Clark Kent IR

Do you hear any difference?

Sure man! My IR is brighter/more agressive. The original IR maybe fits the song better... or maybe lowering the presence for my IR would've made them sound pretty much the same. What's the IR in your original clip?

I would like to demo patch but I cant get any volume anyone got a clue thanks ?

Did you use Fractal Bot to send the Gift to Mankind IR into your Axe-Fx? If so, you have to change the CAB BLOCK to use that IR that I sent. Otherwise if it's using an "empty cab" there will be no sound.

Back
Top Bottom