Clark Kent's Gift to Mankind

Hey Clark ! Thanks for the gift !
Just to be clear, i think it's not perfect for everyone ;) My axefx must have something weird, or my ears, because i find your IR is very frequency-restrained, and it sounds very small on my setup.
No bass at all, like i'm playing in a phone speaker... I tried different guitars and always the same problem...

Well this IR has way more bass than any Redwirez or OwnHammer IRs made with solid state power amps. (OwnHammer T1 and T2 also have less lows) So maybe something else went wrong. Besides that... there is a bass knob in the amp block for a reason. :)

This has nothing to do with bass control on the amp... The frequency range of the IR is like low-fi.
Could it be something wrong with your patch? Frequency range of this IR is great, definitely not low-fy, just listen to all the records here, there is no sign of low-fy :)
here is how frequency response of this IR looks in my patch (no extra EQ after CAB block), looks almost perfect to me. View attachment 18399

I used Clark's preset.
That's why i wonder if my axefx has problem or if it comes from my ears...
Everytime i used a downloaded preset i find it lacks frequency range.

Could it be something wrong with your patch? Frequency range of this IR is great, definitely not low-fy, just listen to all the records here, there is no sign of low-fy :)
here is how frequency response of this IR looks in my patch (no extra EQ after CAB block), looks almost perfect to me. View attachment 18399

Almost? :O

:D Nah just kidding. But yeah... it has way more lows than highs. If you don't have enough lows then something else is to blame. All was done in 48kHz 24bit so extremely un-lo-fi. :)

EDIT: Yeah! I use a PRS guitar... which means a lot more mids and lows than a regular guitar.

Almost? :O

:D Nah just kidding. But yeah... it has way more lows than highs. If you don't have enough lows then something else is to blame. All was done in 48kHz 24bit so extremely un-lo-fi. :)

EDIT: Yeah! I use a PRS guitar... which means a lot more mids and lows than a regular guitar.
Well i can say perfect indeed! Iit smooth all over the spectrum which is great, so it's highly versatile! But it's just personal tastes i like when IR's has this kind of small addition in high freq area :))) View attachment 18400

I used Clark's preset.
That's why i wonder if my axefx has problem or if it comes from my ears...
Everytime i used a downloaded preset i find it lacks frequency range.

Presets is such a personal thing :) you should download just IR and try it in your presets or from the scratch

Hey Clark ! Thanks for the gift !
Just to be clear, i think it's not perfect for everyone ;) My axefx must have something weird, or my ears, because i find your IR is very frequency-restrained, and it sounds very small on my setup.
No bass at all, like i'm playing in a phone speaker... I tried different guitars and always the same problem...

I had a similar problem when I first loaded it. Check that the "Speaker Size" is set to "1.0" and not some smaller value.

Its a great IR. I have puchased a few DT Jammit tracks and it sits pretty well in those songs

Weird thing is, your recent 1x12 stilletto IR has a LOT more mids - is that what you'd expect comparing these cabs?

Its a great IR. I have puchased a few DT Jammit tracks and it sits pretty well in those songs

Weird thing is, your recent 1x12 stilletto IR has a LOT more mids - is that what you'd expect comparing these cabs?

Sure! First of all the Stiletto IR's were all done using a solid state power amp so less lows. The cab itself is an 1x12 and not a 4x12 so less lows although it has the most lows than any 1x12 I've ever tried. Then the Stiletto sound vs Rectifier sound means more mids and less presence and low end. I'd say these IR's are extremely truthful in that sense. The difference is that the Stiletto IRs are all SM57 single IR's and it was a lot more easier to mic where as this "Gift IR" is a readily blended mix with almost all the mics we had lying around. :)

Well i can say perfect indeed! Iit smooth all over the spectrum which is great, so it's highly versatile! But it's just personal tastes i like when IR's has this kind of small addition in high freq area :))) View attachment 18400

About this kind of a curve! Marshall 1960B with V30s looks just like that with an SM57 and also the Orange PPC412 has a similar shape BUT not that much stuff after the dip in there. Anyways if you're looking for something like that then the Redwirez Marshall 1960B V30 pack looks like that. :)

EDIT: What program is that by the way?

About this kind of a curve! Marshall 1960B with V30s looks just like that with an SM57 and also the Orange PPC412 has a similar shape BUT not that much stuff after the dip in there. Anyways if you're looking for something like that then the Redwirez Marshall 1960B V30 pack looks like that. :)

Thanx for advise will check them out!
I use MAnalyzer from Melda Production it's nice and flexible. The only downside for me is a very big window, you can make it even bigger but not smaller :)

I've noticed that the cab room was at 44 percent. Would these translate well live or will it muddy up in the mix?

I really dig your redwirez Marshall 1960A G12M recipe, do you have any recipes or suggestions for the redwirez Marshall 1960B V30s? Thanks!

in past couple of weeks it has become my main IR for heavy stuff. I bought ownhammer stuff as well but I prefer this one at the moment. thanks once again!

Back
Top Bottom