Chorus for Lead

Placing fx between the amp and cab simulates an fx loop where the cab softens the fx slightly and helps everything gel together like a real live rig.

Few live rigs have effects post cab at the mixing desk, except for reverb. That reverb placement post cab is in order to put all the instruments in the same virtual room together .

Placing fx between the amp and cab simulates an fx loop where the cab softens the fx slightly and helps everything gel together like a real live rig.

Few live rigs have effects post cab at the mixing desk, except for reverb. That reverb placement post cab is in order to put all the instruments in the same virtual room together .
i dont know how i forget about this,i always post the effects after the cab:rolleyes:

I always place my FX like Pitch Detune, reverb and delays after the cab.....that is the way I would do it also in a real studio recording.....of course : some effects need to go before the amp.....

Modulation effects before the amp sound ugly - but a clean/slightly chrunch amp like Vox is great with effects in front of. Also the Slapdelay or Memoryman is great for classic RocknRoll sounds. Makes a more "warm" Ampsound.

Chorus effect on lead is difficult, it sets the guitarsound in an extra "room" between the bandsound.

For linear effects, it should really make no difference before or after the cab... As long as you don't slap a mono effect after a stereo Cab :)
It really depends.

Before the cab means that the speaker response is going to EQ your effect as well, as if if the effect was playing out of the speaker.

After the cab means that the effect will be as full frequency as the effect block is, as if the miked up cab was at the mixing desk and you added effects at the channel fader.

It's a subtle difference sometimes, a big difference other times.

I´ve never tried - like a real amp with a FX - Loop? Is there an audible difference - but it can´t sound better like studiosimulation with FX after cab?

I prefer it after the cab, as I keep my cab mono. I use the hi-cut in the chorus effect block to fine tune how it filters the highs some.

It really depends.

Before the cab means that the speaker response is going to EQ your effect as well, as if if the effect was playing out of the speaker.

After the cab means that the effect will be as full frequency as the effect block is, as if the miked up cab was at the mixing desk and you added effects at the channel fader.

It's a subtle difference sometimes, a big difference other times.
Yes, true... Depends on the effect and the Cab block settings and IR.

Back
Top Bottom