Chorus Effect Not Working

dan4132

Hi There,

I have just gone over to the 4CM with the Axe FX. Everything works perfectly apart from the Chorus.. and I can't quite work out what is going on.

I started off with using this patch:

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=2995

If I only have the Chorus patch selected and for example put the mix to 100% the sound is completely cut and I get nothing. If I put it to 50% then I get 50% of my sound back. So for some reason its like the chorus is acting like a mute when its activated?

I tried making a brand new Chorus but that does exactly the same. Not quite sure where I am going wrong.

Thanks

Sounds like you have one side of your chorus phase reversed. (The phase reverse parameter NOT the LFO phase). If you sum two out of phase signals to mono they will cancel out and give you zero volume.

Try adding chorus to a different patch. If it works there then there is something wrong with that patch. Maybe corrupt, or maybe a controller is attached to that effect within that patch. remove any controllers.

@strat714 Have tried it in a different patch and it does the same thing.

I have my output set on SUM L&R on the Global settings. (that is mono right?)

@lwknives sounds like that maybe the case.. Maybe I should switch back to Stereo in my global settings to see if that makes a difference?

I don't use Stereo in my 4CM setup so thought in Global I should put it to SUM L&R... am I doing it wrong?

Thanks

@strat714 Have tried it in a different patch and it does the same thing.

I have my output set on SUM L&R on the Global settings. (that is mono right?)

@lwknives sounds like that maybe the case.. Maybe I should switch back to Stereo in my global settings to see if that makes a difference?

I don't use Stereo in my 4CM setup so thought in Global I should put it to SUM L&R... am I doing it wrong?

Thanks
Or just change the phase reverse parameter. I would sum L&R to mono if I was running 4cm.

some of the chorus blocks have one side phase reversed. just go in and change the "phase reverse" parameter to "none"

Back
Top Bottom