Legacy Chef's Unchained

Impressive, great job on the playing also. Are the tone match settings still getting lost when sharing presets, or did that get fixed?

Good work and great playing!

I'm not a guitar player, but to me the original sounds detuned. The E string is really flapping. Did you detune your guitar for this? If not, that might help get you closer.
Also, I really miss the flanger that EVH kicks in and out - try adding that.
The last thing are the harmonics that Eddy has, not sure if that's possible without an amp turned to 11, but it's missing some of that too.

Anyway, my 2 cents for what it's worth...

Thanks guys! It's a lot different than the original, but still brownish. Also, there are different mixes and masters of this song. I'm still working on the tone and it's supposed to be more of a general EVH patch. I have a tendency to favor more hair over a smoother top end. I guess I like my tone the way I like my woman... :D My string gauge is 11-49, even in standard tuning, that might be why there isn't as much flobbyness... Tone match settings are saved with the patch I think. But sometimes you have to go to the TM edit window and press ENTER to match the tone again. I don't know why this is. I also like to save the TM as a cab and use some room emulation.

I'd love to hear how that tone sounds with the proper tuning. I just looked it up - down 1/2 step and drop-D.

This patch with my gear (FRFR + MusicMan JP6) is frickin awesome. I played the song for almost an hour! Thank you so much for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom