Changing the expression pedal source

This is the solution i think, if you want totally different settings for the exp control for each Effect
2 Sources on each Modifer ( Hope i have enough Control Modifiers, ;-))

Attachments

• exam4.jpg
    exam4.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 6
Actually, I would feed all of the parallel effects into a mixer block and have the exp control the levels of each row. This way, you can have totally different settings for the exp control.

Try this one Fuzzyoctaves,
Ext1= Expression Pedal
Ext5= Switch between Wah and Effect Volumes

If You Use a FC12, you can change the source EXT5 to a Control Switch in the Controller Page/Section Modifiers.
Only for Axe III...

Does not work on an FM3 or FM9. There is only one source in the Edit Modifier Section

Thanks

Attachments

• Ext 1(Pdl)= Wah and Vol Effects.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
But you can not Bypass a Mixer Block? why not?
Why don't they just make all the blocks the same in that regard?
What would a bypassed Mixer block do?

Mute the block altogether? That’s the same as setting all of its faders all the way down.

Let everything pass through? That’s the same as setting all of its faders to 100%.

This is the solution i think, if you want totally different settings for the exp control for each Effect
2 Sources on each Modifer ( Hope i have enough Control Modifiers, ;-))
You probably want Src1 + Src2.

Also, you probably didn't intend for Src2 Scale to be 99%?

Try this one Unix-Guy
Ext1= Expression Pedal

If You Use a FC12, you can change the source EXT5 to a Control Switch in the Controller Page/Section Modifiers.
Only for Axe III...

Does not work on an FM3 or FM9. There is only one source in the Edit Modifier Section

Mute the block altogether? That’s the same as setting all of its faders all the way down.

Let everything pass through? That’s the same as setting all of its faders to 100%
You probably want Src1 + Src2.

Also, you probably didn't intend for Src2 Scale to be 99%?

no did not intend the 99%..

And its Src1 - Src2
you didn't try the file i think, ;-)

Attachments

• Ext 1(Pdl)= Wah and Vol Effects.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0

Let everything pass through? That’s the same as setting all of its faders to 100%.
No, bypassing the Mixer block (thru) is letting everything through at 0dB
Activating the Mixer block with a modifier connected to an Exp pedal is x% @ heel down and x% @ fully open..
So 3 different levels
But it's solved with the file I posted here

Try this one Unix-Guy
Ext1= Expression Pedal

Only for Axe III...

no did not intend the 99%..

And its Src1 - Src2
you didn't try the file i think, ;-)
I share presets between devices and I have 4 expression pedals... I've compensated with hardware! :)

I missed that you're using a Control Switch as Source 2 - now I get the minus.

But you can not Bypass a Mixer Block?

That's true, but you can still "bypass" the block in your routing. I have modified your preset to illustrate.

Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 12.45.48 PM.png

Edits to your OG preset:

1. Changed the 1st M-Plex to utilize a Control Switch to switch rows.
2. Routed all the post cab fx to a blank shunt in addition to your mixer block.
3. Added a 2nd M-Plex which utilizes the same CS as in #1 above to switch between the blank shunt (so you would set the input gain of the FX to reflect your standard "with Wah" settings) and the Mixer (which lets you use the EXP to control the volume of each FX individually based on the control settings in the mixer block)

Obviously, you'd need to make the proper edits to get all the levels where you want them...

Attachments

• Ext 1(Pdl)= Wah and Vol Effects edited.syx
That's true, but you can still "bypass" the block in your routing. I have modified your preset to illustrate.

View attachment 144387

Edits to your OG preset:

1. Changed the 1st M-Plex to utilize a Control Switch to switch rows.
2. Routed all the post cab fx to a blank shunt in addition to your mixer block.
3. Added a 2nd M-Plex which utilizes the same CS as in #1 above to switch between the blank shunt (so you would set the input gain of the FX to reflect your standard "with Wah" settings) and the Mixer (which lets you use the EXP to control the volume of each FX individually based on the control settings in the mixer block)

Obviously, you'd need to make the proper edits to get all the levels where you want them...
I'm Sorry, i dont understand this preset Fuzzyoctaves..

The file i posted is working fine for me.

Now i can switch from controlling my Wah (before the amp) to modifier each of my effects separately (after the amp).. with one Press on a button, with the same expression pedal... That's great
Without adding a block, and without sacrifice more modifier.
I'm Happy
Thanks everybody

I'm Sorry, i dont understand this preset Fuzzyoctaves..

I think one disconnect between our thoughts is that you are using a midi controller instead of an FC6/12.

The other disconnect is that I thought you wanted all your post cab FX to be set at a specific level when using the wah. Maybe I am missing something, but your preset looks like the exp controller is always controlling the levels of the FX, even when you are also using it to control the Wah.

I think one disconnect between our thoughts is that you are using a midi controller instead of an FC6/12.

The other disconnect is that I thought you wanted all your post cab FX to be set at a specific level when using the wah. Maybe I am missing something, but your preset looks like the exp controller is always controlling the levels of the FX, even when you are also using it to control the Wah.
Well, you're right, I have a Liquid Foot, but I can also connect an FC12 or 6, which I also have
And yes i want to hear always my effect blocks when i engage them.
And you have to assume that I only have 1 Exp pedal (as an example) controlling my Wah

But now I want to be able to control my Effects volume (with the push of a button) with that one Exp pedal that i have.
So when I press a button, the Wah should not respond anymore, only the effect volumes should respond now.
But it is working fine with mu preset
I try to make here a preset for the FC12
So you can try iT if you want
FC 1 Pedal1
Control switch 1 Latching

Attachments

• FC1(Pdl)= Wah and Vol Effects.syx
Back
Top Bottom