Changing presets while using AE shows edit screen instead of preset name

GuitarMan86

Power User
Just noticing.....not a crisis situation (note: this does NOT occur if AE 3.0 window is closed and USB still connected)

If you are using AE 3.0 and change to a different preset using the front panel, or the MFC, or AE window.....the AE front panel ends up defaulting to the EDIT screen of a block (or whatver block you had been on).

If you use the MFC and change presets....it changes and then goes right back to the EDIT screen of a block. Same if using the front panel value knob etc.?

Hoping this isnt correct behavior as....if I am using my MFC on the floor and switch presets I prefer to see the preset screen....and not simply some edit screen of a block. Close AE window....and works fine again.

Anyone?

It is correct behavior.

As mentioned in the notes it's best to just control everything from AE to avoid confusion. Any changes on the front panel of the Axe-Fx sends a generic resync message. Axe-Edit then requeries all the preset data including the currently selected grid location of the Axe-Fx and loads that block.

Yes, if running AE, use AE to edit and save. It is stable and accurate. DO NOT EDIT from the front panel when using AE3.
This is a BIG change from the old version.

To CyberFerret's original question: Yes, Axe-Edit can cause display page changes in the Axe-Fx II.

Questions: if you're using the MFC on the floor, why not just look at the MFC? If you're running Axe-Edit, why not look at Axe-Edit?

To CyberFerret's original question: Yes, Axe-Edit can cause display page changes in the Axe-Fx II.

Questions: if you're using the MFC on the floor, why not just look at the MFC? If you're running Axe-Edit, why not look at Axe-Edit?

Not me asking the question... ;)

Maybe treat this issue as a synhronization bug (or at least an unwanted synchronization behaviour) and try to fix it? I thought that AE ALWAYS should reflect the HW and only send commands to AXE if something is really modified by user at the computer side? It will be a lot of annoying issues if the synchronization acts weird. If you do something on the computer side the AXE and MFC shall follow, if you do something on AXE the computer and MFC shall follow and so on....

On the other hand, if it's just the AXE screen that flips around one might get use to it........ but it seems like an easy fix ?

Back
Top Bottom