Change Layout of Amp Block

Would you like this feature?

• Total voters

guitarzan

I don't know about anyone else, but I do a lot of editing and tweaking of the amp parameters without the use of the editor. I find that after I choose the amp type, I spend almost all of my tweaking time on the "normal" amp parameters. Now, the Presence and Master controls are on a different page from the Drive, Bass, Mid and Treble, and I am constantly changing pages back and forth.

I thought it might be a good idea to create a brand new page that just contains the Global and Amp Type controls. This would allow the Presence and Master controls to be moved onto the page with the Drive, Bass, Mid and Treble. The new page would, for all practical purposes, appear as the front panel of a real amp. For me, it would make editing just a little easier.

Just my $0.02. Any opinions?

I completely agree, if Presence and Master were on the same page as Drive and Tone it would save me so much time by not having to page back and forth. I think I understand the logic of the current layout since it groups preamp oriented controls on one page and power amp oriented ones on another but it sure is inconvenient.

When I'm searching for the right amp type, I always immediately adjust the drive for the desired amount of gain after selecting a type. I wouldn't mind the global knob on a different page, but I'd rather have the presence on a different page keep the amp type where it is.

There's no reason the amp type couldn't appear, and be changed on more than one parameter tab.

upvoted

I always wonder how many people new to the Axe start their first tweak session with the Global parameter without ever realizing what it does. For myself, I've never had a reason to use it.

I like the idea. I would like to see the drive, master and level controls grouped together though since those are what you end up messing with more than anything else in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom