change between scenes 1 and 2 with an expression pedal?

MesaGuitarGuy

Power User
I want to smoothly change between scenes 1 and 2 with my Mission SP1. (or an EP1) I have both.

is that easy to setup? would it be in Scene Controllers?
I looked but didn't see an obvious answer (yet)

I want my crunch amp/cab on scene 1 on heel down, then smoothly change to scene 2 with a clean ethereal sound for a part in a song.

thanks
Jeff

Subscribed.
I'd love to know how to do this also.
Thanks in advance, oh the gods of FAS.
You heard me..

And with that, my 500th post.
BOOM!
Senior status.
/me sheds a tear

A scene cannot change smoothly. It won't transition through the two. A Scene turns blocks on and off. There is no partial on/off state. (Same for XY.)

You need to use a Mixer or Volume blocks to turn up/down the volume of 2 signal paths at the same time.

There are ways to make a sound morph smoothly from one state to another, but scenes won't do it. Clarky did some great threads on tone morphing.

I am doing this same thing with an expression pedal : use 2 amps.......heel down is amp 1 On : Crunch , push exp pedal will change to amp 2 Clean ON.....all this has to be done with the AMP BYPASS parameter.....it is so smooth !!
And then attach all the other FX input also to that same exp pedal giving them signal on heel down or up....adjust to taste..

Check this video for how it sounds on : 4:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBzBzap2HPU

There are a number of threads on this, and yes Clarky has a good one. You can do it several ways. Mixer block is one way, vol block is another.

I think I'm going to build a morphing patch. Was thinking about it last night. I was kind of thinking about having one amp on heel (Plexi), one on toe (HBE), but setting the tapers so that both were on full tilt at pedal center, then one or the other dropping out as you went farther with the pedal. With just a touch of pan and some hass effect (a touch of delay on one side) I think you could really give the feel of having 2 guitars going. (Which is cool, since I'm the only guitar player in my band.) I'll try it out and report back.

A scene cannot change smoothly. It won't transition through the two. A Scene turns blocks on and off. There is no partial on/off state. (Same for XY.)

Scenes can potentially change smoothly. Scene controllers, and modifiers with a high damping value... Yes you'd have to keep every block on/off and XY the same in the two scenes. You can still mix between drive pedal crunches and clean verbs/delays this way, through clever use of the mix parameter (and or drive/level parameters) on each block.

Scenes can potentially change smoothly. Scene controllers, and modifiers with a high damping value... Yes you'd have to keep every block on/off and XY the same in the two scenes. You can still mix between drive pedal crunches and clean verbs/delays this way, through clever use of the mix parameter (and or drive/level parameters) on each block.

But not with an expression pedal like the OP asked.

Scene controllers are great, but assigning so many parameters to only 2 controllers and working out the balances, offsets and inversions sounds like a huge pain. Then making adjustments, you have to later remember what is where, etc. if you're up for that sort of thing, have at it, but wow, it's a ton of work.

Two rows with a volume swap is so much more simple, and you can change it as you wish with the expression pedal.

What you really need is a Morley Blender pedal and two Axe units =)

Total flexibility to blend between two complete signal chains, no issues with spillover, dropouts, etc

Back
Top Bottom