Celestion Plus IRs

as with anything else, it all depends on what you are going for. I've bought Ownhammers, Redwirez, Fractals, ML soundlabs, and a few other packs. I've even spent the time and shot my own IR's with Cablab 2, and again with Cablab 3. I've downloaded hundreds of other user made IR's too. I obviously own Cab Lab 3 and have spent hours mixing all kinds of combinations of IR's. I'm not saying I'm an expert, or implying anything other than I have some experience. I'm not seeing this excessive high end solo-act is, and am not seeing these are IR's as being bad due to being processed.

Just reporting that I bought the 412 packs and I like em. They sound "real" to me, and give me a response I've been looking for but haven't found up till now without having to spend a bunch of time post tweaking.

*** I'm also not a cab pack maker selling a product.

YMMV depending on what your are trying to achieve for an end result.

Just bought the V30 412 pack. Sounds good to me. All the different mics and mixes seem really balanced and usable.
Comparing to the other IRs I have I find the "all mics mix" sounds quite similar to the V30 mix from the ML Zilla Cab Pack which is a good thing.

Click on tools and use manage cabs. Then drag and drop the IRs into the Browser. Cab Lab is no longer needed for this.
OK - I'm pretty clueless here. I just purchases the V30 pack. I have axe edit, axe bot, and cab lab, and I can't figure this out. "Click on tools and manage cabs...drag and drop..." in which interface? I have no idea what's going on. LOL

OK - I'm pretty clueless here. I just purchases the V30 pack. I have axe edit, axe bot, and cab lab, and I can't figure this out. "Click on tools and manage cabs...drag and drop..." in which interface? I have no idea what's going on. LOL
This would be Axe Edit. Under tools I believe, then drag to the left side window.

Yes use axe edit, click on tool, manage cabs. Drag the IR to left side audition window. Now you can drag it to a user slot and save.

Just so I understand, can these IRs be downloaded into the AxeFx? If so I'll give them a try.

well technically you download them to your computer and then import them into the Axe Via Axe Edit in cab manage browser....

I tried with Axe-Edit and it wouldn't work. Had to use my copy of CabLab 3 to convert. Yes I followed the proper instructions.

Yes. For any folks new to this process:

1) if you buy, buy the Fractal compatible version, offered as an option. Once downloaded and unzipped, they will still only be in .WAV format and you still have to convert before you can use.

2) To convert, the easiest way is to run Cab Lab 3. There is a tool in the drop down menu called "Convert wav to IR/Syx" or something like that. You specify a source directory folder (the original .wav files) and the output directory folder.

3) Run the Cab Lab 3 convert utility. It should create TWO folders from your source original: one of IRs (compatible with Cab Lab 3 mixing) and another of the same files but with .SYX at the end. The .SYX files are the ones you can drag directly into your Fractal AXE FX or AX8 using Axe-Edit "Manage Cabs" tool.

So remember, .IRs files are for Cab Lab work... and .SYX is for drag and drop files into the AXE FX directly.

Indeed, you need to use the left pane of Axe-Manage for WAVs. It's not always visible, you may need to drag it out.

the latest, always.
Once you go into Cab manage look in the upper left hand corner, it says browser... Click browser, and select "show", this will open the browser section up. Then select open directory. Now navigate to the IR folder and select it. Now the IRs will show up in the browser section, and you can drag them into the main cab manage window where you want them.

Thanks to everyone who has replied. But I do have one more noob question...Do I convert and upload the 14 files in the first folder or all 36 files in all folders including the ones in the source/mic folders?

Thanks to everyone for putting up with my dumb ass!!!

Last edited:
I uninstalled and clean installed Axe Edit, and now it's finally detecting the files in the browser.

Thanks for the suggestions on troubleshooting.... :rolleyes:

Yes. For any folks new to this process:

1) if you buy, buy the Fractal compatible version, offered as an option. Once downloaded and unzipped, they will still only be in .WAV format and you still have to convert before you can use.

2) To convert, the easiest way is to run Cab Lab 3. There is a tool in the drop down menu called "Convert wav to IR/Syx" or something like that. You specify a source directory folder (the original .wav files) and the output directory folder.

3) Run the Cab Lab 3 convert utility. It should create TWO folders from your source original: one of IRs (compatible with Cab Lab 3 mixing) and another of the same files but with .SYX at the end. The .SYX files are the ones you can drag directly into your Fractal AXE FX or AX8 using Axe-Edit "Manage Cabs" tool.

So remember, .IRs files are for Cab Lab work... and .SYX is for drag and drop files into the AXE FX directly.

I bought nearly all the 412 IRs. They have a selection to download just the Fractal compatible files, but you can download all of them. I downloaded everything incase I have some other use for them in the future.

I'm brand new to this and a noob when it comes to anything digital. To put it in perspective, I had the cabs global by-passed up until 2 days after downloading these and couldn't figure out why I couldn't hear much difference with cabs. lol So my point being, I was able to figure this process out on my own and if I can do it, anyone can. lol In any case, the instructions above are great!

I think the Celestion cabs sound great. To me many of the stock cabs in my Axe XL+ sound like a blanket over the speaker in comparison. I also bought the Fat Bottom cab IRs from Valhallir.at and, having owned the actual cab in the past, I think it sound just like I remember the real cab sounding.

Back
Top Bottom