Celestion Plus IRs

funkstation777, I have the impression that your offer is pretty metal oriented. Am I wrong?
To be honest, yes.

But the fun fact is, that cabs like the 59 Bassmann with Alnico Golds and Blues, the Wolverine or the "Pflug" are preferred by many of our customers because of their clean abilities.
We have the fat bombs, but some of them are so balanced in the midrange, that the "No-gain-fraction" loves them.
I have reopened the "teaser pack", if you wanna try.

So finally had a chance to try these out this morning. I like em, not sure yet if I like them better than my goto OH IR's, but I like them.
The mixes seem to cary alot more natural phase than the OH, ML, and Cabir.eu IR's, and I think this may be what is making me undecided.

I bought the G12H30 Anniversary Edition and the Creamback G12M65 pack and I must say that I like them very much. They have far less bass than their equivalents offered by competing IR vendors, but that's the way I actually prefer them. If you listen to isolated guitar tracks of famous records, you'll actually realize that they do not have a lot of bass anyway. These IRs have very pleasant treble and midrange responses - that's where they shine! - and the mixed IRs sound very balanced and natural.

I would definitely recommend these IRs for anyone who likes the classic Marshall+Celstion tones!

yeah, the G12H30 is a speaker that's not that widely represented, what pushed me to grab this one. I thought it was good enough to get the green back to match. I think you'll dig them.

I still prefer OH as a whole, but I feel like these are different enough to warrant a look, especially at 6 bucks a pop. Perhaps I need to revisit the single mics in OH and not go straight to the mixes.

Let me know what you think!
Check out the Orange cab from CabIR.eu. It's using the G12H30 and sounds great to me!

Just hoping someone can give me a guiding hand. I'm relatively new to IRs and have got these today. However,I'm not sure of the best options regarding which kHz to select (44 48 88 etc) and then which 200ms or 500ms to select. Please excuse my ignorance, but I really don't understand what I'm supposed to select for the best. Just after a few pointers if possible. Many thanks.

bought the V30 collection and tested the 4x12 so far.
these sound a bit honky on their own but when mixed
with darker sounding IR's the sound is fantastic, extreme clarity and punch @hi gain

48 kHz - 200 ms, then you have to convert them using Cab-Lab (free or full version).

Exactly the information i wanted. Thank you.

Just so I know, is there any Reason for this selection. What would the other options give?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm learning all the time :)

Exactly the information i wanted. Thank you.

Just so I know, is there any Reason for this selection. What would the other options give?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm learning all the time :)
Click on tools and use manage cabs. Then drag and drop the IRs into the Browser. Cab Lab is no longer needed for this. I always download 48khz 500ms because I use them in other products too. The Axe will modify the IR to work regardless of which one you use.

I'm actually glad to see Celestion taking a stab at it. Putting aside that I'm an IR producer, this means that Celestion is accepting the digital age for guitar tones. As an IR producer I can say that I tried the free IR out of curiousness obviously and I though it was balanced. It's got to be the Chinese or the modern Marshall V30 with that kind of a high end. It's got more of that 5khz sizzle and is extremely neutral through the full range. Knowing a thing or two about these things I'm assuming the 4x12 will be the most used option and I'm assuming it's a Marshall 1960 cabinet, right?

Click on tools and use manage cabs. Then drag and drop the IRs into the Browser. Cab Lab is no longer needed for this. I always download 48khz 500ms because I use them in other products too. The Axe will modify the IR to work regardless of which one you use.
Is this not supported in AX8 Edit? Drag and drop did not work and hitting Browse would only allow you to select .syx files.

I just got the 2x12 Celestion V30 closed IRs. These IRs are awesome in my opinion. I converted them to UltraRes using CabLab lite.

I used to record my Marshall JCM900 and Mesa F30 amps with a 2x12 Carvin Legacy (Steve Vai line of amps) miced with a Shure 57 and was LOVING the results. So I am quite familiar with the sound I am supposed to be getting. I much prefer these to the OwnHammer IRs ( marshall 4x12 ) I was using until this point. When I was comparing the Ownhammer IRs to my old recordings when I used to mic amps, that were done with proper volume in a pro studio, there was always a sense space around the sound that I could not get with Ownhammer IRs ( or any IRs for that mater ).

These Celestion 2x12 V30 IRs took me back. It was as if I was playing through my old rig. Highly recommend them to anyone. Best 6 bucks I spent.

Is this not supported in AX8 Edit? Drag and drop did not work and hitting Browse would only allow you to select .syx files.
Yes the AX8 is what I have. You have to drag them into the browser (audition) pain, and then drag them to whichever slot. Click save.
There is a way to import batches too, but IDK how to do that.

I'm no expert when it comes to IR's but using these new cabs on some of my got to presets sounds awesome, I really like the free mixed IR so far, also purchased the creamback and wowsa. I like the fact that running these cabs on default settings on the cab block just works for me.

I purchased all the Celestion 4x12 cab packs and after some playing around I found some nice sounds but I keep going back to a particular Ownhammer Ir, which just sounds fuller to me. I think the Irs sound quite realistic but I have tried every 4x12 V30 ir I can and nothing gets close to my own 4x12 cab loaded with v30s. They just don't have the energy in all the frequencies, OH has come closest I think.

Swings and roundabouts, everyone is different I guess.

Last edited:
Checked out 4x12 V30 today. Impression so far:

Bad - way more high end than needed in most of the non-room mics - even the cab mix that is all-mics with room mics is overloaded on high end because individual mics have too much high end. Tried high end cut, but that's an ugly way to deal with highs because it destroys the "3D" air. I actually tried mixing cabs and improved it, but still significant highs, at least to my ears.

Good - balanced lows and mids, a lot less mud than typical IRs, clearer, but it has less midrange punch to cut through a mix than the stock IRs I typically use.

I'll check out the others. I got 2x12 open backs of the blue & G12-65, V30 and G12M

Back
Top Bottom