Celestion Plus IRs

most interesting in these IR´s is the fact that Celestion produces the speaker and should know how they sound. i think they wouldn´t sell IRs which won´t sound as the actual raw product.

I have lot of impulses; thousands i think but a lot of them present a subjective representation of the makers taste which isn´t a bad thing, mind you.

When buying the Celestion ones I wanted to know if they sound different as they don´t promote a Mesa, a Marshall, an Orange or whatever cab but the pure speaker. For me this works fine as i like the direct sound without having too much character of the IR manufactors micing setup. hope this sounds somekind of logical :D

Interesting to see if other companies will follow suit. I'm pretty happy with the Ownhammer packs I've purchased as they seem tailored to specific purposes (HHC for example) but hey, the more the merrier right?

Hi, I am new to the world of all things Fractal having recently purchased an FX II XL+ so please forgive my ignorance. I plug into a speaker cab sporting a Celestion Cream back 1 x 12" speaker via a Matrix GT 1000 FX power amp. Am I right to assume that as I am playing through a proper guitar friendly responsive speaker that I need to turn off the cab IR setting on any preset?

one of the great things about your new toy is there are really no rules..Yes many would consider a CAB block unnecessary in your setup, but you may be surprised at what you may hear with one.

Hi, I am new to the world of all things Fractal having recently purchased an FX II XL+ so please forgive my ignorance. I plug into a speaker cab sporting a Celestion Cream back 1 x 12" speaker via a Matrix GT 1000 FX power amp. Am I right to assume that as I am playing through a proper guitar friendly responsive speaker that I need to turn off the cab IR setting on any preset?
If you are using a "real" guitar speaker, there's no need for the cab block. But if you intend to play live and want to get rid of miking the cab, I suggest to use Out 2 via FX-loop without the cab block for the Matrix/Creamback Combo and send the signal including a cab block via Out1 (XLR) to the FOH-tech.

one of the great things about your new toy is there are really no rules..Yes many would consider a CAB block unnecessary in your setup, but you may be surprised at what you may hear with one.
OK and thanks for your comments, I certainly intend to have a lot of fun with it but need to try to master the beast. xx

If you are using a "real" guitar speaker, there's no need for the cab block. But if you intend to play live and want to get rid of miking the cab, I suggest to use Out 2 via FX-loop without the cab block for the Matrix/Creamback Combo and send the signal including a cab block via Out1 (XLR) to the FOH-tech.
Interesting, and thanks for your advice. I shall give it a try.Here's to keeping music "Live".

Meh. Only three standard mics that are used in every IR pack and I already have tons of impulses based off V30s and Greenbacks from both ML Sound Lab and OwnHammer. Celestion had the chance to do something new/exciting and settled for bog standard it seems.

If there were IR mixes by heavy hitters like Bob Rock or Mutt Lange or Terry Date or Andy Sneap, then I might be interested.

Props to them for getting Pete Thorn to do demos though. Pete's always great.

my curiosity got the best of me and I ordered two single speakers just for fun. Since my main tones are matchless I ordered the G12H30 and Greenback in the 1x12 open back. I'm not really a fan of the mixes but have to admit, the single 57 "balanced" position is actually very good for those tones, sounds exactly like I'd expect the Matchless to sound. Well, like it does, since I have an HC30 and cab sitting next to my CLR/Axe.

They may not be reinventing the wheel and may not be on Kevin or Miko's level....but the ones I tried are worth a shot if you haven't found what you are looking for elsewhere. Also, there's no paralysis from overwhelming options. Worth 6 bucks to see if they get you to where you are trying to go.

my curiosity got the best of me and I ordered two single speakers just for fun. Since my main tones are matchless I ordered the G12H30 and Greenback in the 1x12 open back. I'm not really a fan of the mixes but have to admit, the single 57 "balanced" position is actually very good for those tones, sounds exactly like I'd expect the Matchless to sound. Well, like it does, since I have an HC30 and cab sitting next to my CLR/Axe.

They may not be reinventing the wheel and may not be on Kevin or Miko's level....but the ones I tried are worth a shot if you haven't found what you are looking for elsewhere. Also, there's no paralysis from overwhelming options. Worth 6 bucks to see if they get you to where you are trying to go.

Am I correct in looking at OH and seeing they only have the G12h30 in the 212 MES-RC pack??? How does Celestions G12h30 compare to OH's G12h30 in the 212 MES-RC pack?

I'm interested in the Creambacks and the Blues. But V30s have been done to death in every cab and mic combo imaginable.

Some far field IRs would have been nice.

Well, for $12 I went ahead and picked up the 2x12 Open Back G12H30 and G12M. Gonna see if I can mix up a proper sounding DC30 cab to go with my DC30 patch......which seems to be my go to these days thanks to Jason Biggs!!!

Well, for $12 I went ahead and picked up the 2x12 Open Back G12H30 and G12M. Gonna see if I can mix up a proper sounding DC30 cab to go with my DC30 patch......which seems to be my go to these days thanks to Jason Biggs!!!
yeah, the G12H30 is a speaker that's not that widely represented, what pushed me to grab this one. I thought it was good enough to get the green back to match. I think you'll dig them.

I still prefer OH as a whole, but I feel like these are different enough to warrant a look, especially at 6 bucks a pop. Perhaps I need to revisit the single mics in OH and not go straight to the mixes.

Let me know what you think!

And there are some speakers, that they don't produce anymore...and they don't even have data about it. WH-80, Sidewinders, Black Shadows...maybe they will appear in time.
But to be honest....We have shot so many great Eminence-loaded cabs in the last week, that I don't think there is need for the
10000th version of a V30 or Greenback.

Sorry for the off topic but, is there a hope for the no metal guys like me of having some of the more classic eminence offerings like the Alessandros or the copperheads?

Sorry for the off topic but, is there a hope for the no metal guys like me of having some of the more classic eminence offerings like the Alessandros or the copperheads?
If you are looking for something different....look at our website. I love Eminence.

Sorry for the offtopic answer. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom