Celestion F12-X200 speaker

Here's my 'combo' spec cab. Amp mounted below the box, volume same as the spec cab but with the baffle tilted back 23 degrees. I expected more whooomph, but the ported cab doesn't seem to do that much better than the open back 112 I have been using with the F12. It sounds better than the open back, but not a huge difference. I haven't really cranked it yet, I will later today, then I'll have a better idea. I love these speakers! Finally getting the tones I wanted when I took the Fractal dive. Part of that is getting it figured out, but really I never got there until I started using the F12-X200. I'll be making the grill next week, using black Marshall - Egnater style cane cloth. It weighs about the same as the 212 cab you can see in the background.

IMG_9079.JPG

IMG_9075.JPG

IMG_9070.JPG

Here's my 'combo' spec cab. Amp mounted below the box, volume same as the spec cab but with the baffle tilted back 23 degrees. I expected more whooomph, but the ported cab doesn't seem to do that much better than the open back 112 I have been using with the F12. It sounds better than the open back, but not a huge difference. I haven't really cranked it yet, I will later today, then I'll have a better idea. I love these speakers! Finally getting the tones I wanted when I took the Fractal dive. Part of that is getting it figured out, but really I never got there until I started using the F12-X200. I'll be making the grill next week, using black Marshall - Egnater style cane cloth. It weighs about the same as the 212 cab you can see in the background.

View attachment 98756

View attachment 98759

View attachment 98760
Dude...that is badass. That turned out GREAT! What an awesome idea for using a rack amp. Very cool.

Dude...that is badass. That turned out GREAT! What an awesome idea for using a rack amp. Very cool.

Thanks man! I give you credit for putting me onto the F12’s. Your enthusiasm for these speakers steered me in that direction, and I’m very glad for it. You didn’t steer me wrong. Now I have to build some stuff for the wife. Then I can build the 2nd cab.

View attachment 98756

View attachment 98759

View attachment 98760
Looks really cool! Is that a mono amp, stereo using one channel, or stereo bridged? Can it lay on its back and do the monitor wedge thing?

Looks really cool! Is that a mono amp, stereo using one channel, or stereo bridged? Can it lay on its back and do the monitor wedge thing?

It’s stereo, 200 watts into 8 ohms each side. Only using one right now. The angle isn’t enough for a wedge. When I get to building the 2nd cab, it may be a wedge. I have time to think about it. Thanks Joe.

It’s stereo, 200 watts into 8 ohms each side. Only using one right now. The angle isn’t enough for a wedge. When I get to building the 2nd cab, it may be a wedge. I have time to think about it. Thanks Joe.
Dude, that's badass!! I like those joints at the top too.
Don't know how much woodworking you do, so it may not be worth it to you, but when I upgraded to the 20 volt Dewalt stuff, especially the impact driver, I couldn't believe the difference, and wished I'd done it a lot sooner.

Dude, that's badass!! I like those joints at the top too.
Don't know how much woodworking you do, so it may not be worth it to you, but when I upgraded to the 20 volt Dewalt stuff, especially the impact driver, I couldn't believe the difference, and wished I'd done it a lot sooner.

I’ve been woodworking for many years. Those finger joints are easy to do with a jig. For power tools I have a mix of stuff. I’m good on that lol. Thanks man.

Bit of an older thread here, but seems like the right place to ask. Celestion publishes the frequency response (for what I assume is just on-axis) for the F12-X200 on their website. I assume though, that that's just the response of the speaker itself. Does anyone know what the measurement is like for it in the specific cabinet that Celestion specifies on their website? (Can't link it since this is my first post, also I tried multiple times to get past the auto-spam filter here, haha :-/) The speaker on its own, as others have mentioned, isn't all that flat, but like all things it depends on the cabinet it's in.

Sorry I don't have an answer to the above question but since I saw this thread bubble up, I thought I would post my Sunn cab setup. Finally got it finished and the F12-X200 sounds really good in it. I sealed it up and added the 4" port. The internal volume is just slightly larger than the Celestion spec cab. I do plan to build one of those to run stereo so I can compare them when that's done.

IMG_1270 2.jpg

Last edited:
I saw where someone on eBay or reverb was selling cabs to Celestion specs. Have to take a closer look don’t know how well they r built. Pretty cheap if I remember correctly under $200

I saw where someone on eBay or reverb was selling cabs to Celestion specs. Have to take a closer look don’t know how well they r built. Pretty cheap if I remember correctly under $200
If it's void-free, 3/4" plywood, and the joints are glued, that's more than likely good enough.

Bit of an older thread here, but seems like the right place to ask. Celestion publishes the frequency response (for what I assume is just on-axis) for the F12-X200 on their website. I assume though, that that's just the response of the speaker itself. Does anyone know what the measurement is like for it in the specific cabinet that Celestion specifies on their website? (Can't link it since this is my first post, also I tried multiple times to get past the auto-spam filter here, haha :-/) The speaker on its own, as others have mentioned, isn't all that flat, but like all things it depends on the cabinet it's in.

Here is the predicted LF response of the celestion spec cab. .. suggest to add 3-5db of roll off at ~120Hz

celestion.jpg

Back
Top Bottom