Carrying case?

Haven't tried this one, but it should fit an AX8 with room to spare.

SKB SC2111 Dimensions:
Interior Length: 21.50 in (54.61 cm)
Interior Width: 11.25 in (28.58 cm)
Interior Depth: 4.00 in (10.16 cm)​

AX8 Dimensions: 16.1” x 4.0” x 10.3” (410mm x 101mm x 262mm)
I tried one. The width fits the AX8, along with some pedals, but you won't fit an EV-1 in there. Also, while they say it's 4" deep, it's really only 3-3/4" deep (says so on the box, just not in the advertising). You have to force the lid closed to zip it up over an AX8.

I've got a PedalTrain soft case that I got with my PedalTrain Jr (dis one). Looks like it should fit an AX8. I'll find out next week I guess.

EDIT: Just checked the wiki...should fit just fine with some room to spare...however not enough for an expression pedal. But it is a sunk cost for me so I'll roll with it.

Haven't tried this one, but it should fit an AX8 with room to spare.

SKB SC2111 Dimensions:
Interior Length: 21.50 in (54.61 cm)
Interior Width: 11.25 in (28.58 cm)
Interior Depth: 4.00 in (10.16 cm)​

AX8 Dimensions: 16.1” x 4.0” x 10.3” (410mm x 101mm x 262mm)

That's the same case as linked to Thomann above (and pictured by SamD)

Oh, and someone might have mentioned this in some other thread.
But would it be possible to take the AX8 apart and remove the handle
(I know this might void warranty etc, just want to know if it is possible,
or if the handle has been welded in place from inside the lid)

+ much cheaper! :)
Very! And, even though the EV-1 is about 1cm too long in the bottom, I think I'll
try to squeeze it in there. I've had a guitar case like this, and there usually is some give
in the hard foam padding. So I think the EV1 should fit, even if some brute force might
be required :cool:

Oh, and someone might have mentioned this in some other thread.
But would it be possible to take the AX8 apart and remove the handle
(I know this might void warranty etc, just want to know if it is possible,
or if the handle has been welded in place from inside the lid)
It's possible. Not too tricky a procedure, there are some cables you would want to disconnect between top and bottom boards, then just a nut on each side of the handle. The cards are cut around the nuts so you can access them, just need the appropriate nut driver. Would definitely void the warranty.

It's possible. Not too tricky a procedure, there are some cables you would want to disconnect between top and bottom boards, then just a nut on each side of the handle. The cards are cut around the nuts so you can access them, just need the appropriate nut driver. Would definitely void the warranty.
Thanks! Something to consider once the one-year warranty is over then :rolleyes:
(it is only one year right, no way of extending it?)

I don't remember if you can extend any time in the year or only at purchase. I want to say it's only at purchase. There's probably a faq on the store, or add something to the cart and it'll probably explain it.

Personally I don't think I'd do it. For one I like having the handle to pick it up easily, and two I'd be too worried about the knobs getting kicked off or crushed. Depending on your use and case situation though that might not be an issue.

I'm trying different cases. I tried the BRINK one from Amazon. It just isn't sturdy enough in my opinion. The zippers also stink. So on to the MONO. I just received my Mono 365. It's a great case (as all Mono stuff is), but with a Macbook Pro, AX8 and accessories, it is super heavy. I've been considering returning it and getting a Pelican 1510. Someone mentioned that it wouldn't fit both an expression pedal and AX8, but I saw a post of someone using the Gator case (which is actually a bit slimmer) with expression pedals on the bottom and AX8 sitting on top.

Anyone successfully used a 1510? I would probably pluck spaces for 2 pedals and have AX8 on top. Should be room for power cable, cords, and possibly an iPad, etc. in the optional mesh accessory lid.

Last edited:
If you think the 365 is heavy, wait until you try the Pelican. Add ten pounds and a lot of bulk. :)

Back
Top Bottom