Can't get the synth block to track a bass low E (12.09) - ?

Budda

Axe-Master
I'm assuming I am making a mistake somewhere.

Input one - synth - drive - amp - cab - output1. Starts to lose it a bit on the low F#, no bueno on the F or E (until it finds the upper octave).

I'm trying to build a preset where the synth adds a low end boost to a bass tone, a la Caspian.

If it's as simple as "hit the string harder", I will not be surprised!

What i do is run a parallel signal, cut out all the "noise" with an eq, help it track better, then blend it in. Still isnt perfect but its better. Would love id they added better tracking for bass, its where I use synth the most...

All good advice. I love this device and am enjoying the journey of making it work with bass. Thanks so much for the guidance.

I love my low E though 😂

I still hope the change gets implemented.

The only way to get the Synth block to track a bass guitar in unison is to run a Pitch block in parallel to your dry bass, and then set that Pitch block to be +1 octave 100% wet, and then feed that Pitch block into the Synth and set the Synth to be -1 Octave. This introduces the latency from the Pitch Block but if you blend this parallel path with your dry signal you can get it to feel like there isn't too much lag.

G1 is the lowest note the Pitch block will track otherwise..

that might work a little better if instead of a synth block, you use a pitch block to feed the synth block instead

another option - try the ring mod. set to tracking and -0.5

that might work a little better if instead of a synth block, you use a pitch block to feed the synth block instead

another option - try the ring mod. set to tracking and -0.5
Yes exactly, the Pitch Block is feeding the Synth Block in my example above.

Sadly, the Ring Mod in Pitch Tracking mode doesn't track lower than G1 either.

Back
Top Bottom