Can't get a decent sound with Axe FX II, Matrix and 1x12 EVM12L....

I hate my matrix GT 1000 FX 2u, it doesn't chug or thump or have the attack that I crave for a metal tone. I am saving up for a mesa boogie 2:90 and if that doesn't work I'm going to blow my fucking brains out, I am so sick and tired of shit tone, I don't want to deal with the fake plastic box like tone that the Matrix is giving me. and if I still get shit tone with the 2:90 then I will know its the axe fx then I will just get a triaxis and use axe fx for effects only and finally be done with this fake plastic tone garbage nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my signal does not sustain very well it fizzes out , It has to be the matrix that is doing that, I had a mesa boogie JP-2C, great tone, I sold the fucker thinking that axe fx would give me multiple choices in good tone, and hey why not get a matrix!!!!!!!!!!!!! shit fuck goddam I'm fucking stupid!!!!! fuck me with a rusty plastic spoon, the axe fx with the matrix does not compare to the tone of the mesa boogie JP-2C, I feel like the world's biggest dumb ass. going for the mesa boogie 2:90 and if that gives me shit then its 2:90/triaxis axe fx for effects only. I want beefy girthy tone, I want my pitch harmonics to sing without having to fight with them to come out. I hate the matrix with a passion, it is shit, unless you play country or old man rock then I guess it will do, but I'm no cunt or some old man god damn it, I want good tone, jesus fucking Christ can I get anything right?

I hate my matrix GT 1000 FX 2u, it doesn't chug or thump or have the attack that I crave for a metal tone. I am saving up for a mesa boogie 2:90 and if that doesn't work I'm going to blow my fucking brains out, I am so sick and tired of shit tone, I don't want to deal with the fake plastic box like tone that the Matrix is giving me. and if I still get shit tone with the 2:90 then I will know its the axe fx then I will just get a triaxis and use axe fx for effects only and finally be done with this fake plastic tone garbage nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you're getting fake plastic tone garbage nonsense with that gear, you might want to look deeper into how you're using it. Maybe open a separate thread and solicit some help.

Kiko; how do your Axe fx presets sound at home without the Matrix? are you satisfied with those tones?

If you're getting fake plastic tone garbage nonsense with that gear, you might want to look deeper into how you're using it. Maybe open a separate thread and solicit some help.
thanks, I'm just overwhelmed and highly disappointed. I have the cabs turned off, using my mesa boogie 2x12, amp sims on. I ordered the axe fx classes that carter cooper offers on creative live. I know the problem isn't axe fx, I believe that it has the ability to shape and create good tones, I think I'm just not a fan of solid state power amps, I took a chance on the Matrix, I made a mistake, I think the mesa boogie 2:90 or the VHT 2/90/2 will get me closer to where I want to be with my tone. The Matrix is a very simple and easy to use piece of gear. I firmly believe the Matrix is not able to give me what I need. some people seem to really enjoy it.

I have spent many years and a boatload of time and $ trying to find "the" solution. I was on the waiting list for the ultra, have at least 20 cabs, multiple Mesa power amps, (including a 2:90) and I kept going back to my amps because I just couldn't get what I needed. Last year, I bought the 2u gtfx1000 and hooked it up to 2 2 x 12s (3/4 back) and it was instantaneous love. If you read my other posts on this subject, I've detailed all the cabs, amps, FRFR solutions I tried. Nothing worked for me until the Matrix/ EVs. But, I had to find the right cabinets (I tried 20), the right speakers (I tried at least 30) and the right amp. I still run FRFR for FOH and to record as I love the IRs. But, to get the live sound I needed on stage, and even in the studio(with AES going to desk) the Matrix/EVs were the end of a 12 year quest. I am finally getting ready to sell all my amps as the Matrix EV combo smokes them, even my 3 beloved Reeves era DR103s cannot keep up with the Axe thru this rig.

Reactions: Rax
I have spent many years and a boatload of time and $ trying to find "the" solution. I was on the waiting list for the ultra, have at least 20 cabs, multiple Mesa power amps, (including a 2:90) and I kept going back to my amps because I just couldn't get what I needed. Last year, I bought the 2u gtfx1000 and hooked it up to 2 2 x 12s (3/4 back) and it was instantaneous love. If you read my other posts on this subject, I've detailed all the cabs, amps, FRFR solutions I tried. Nothing worked for me until the Matrix/ EVs. But, I had to find the right cabinets (I tried 20), the right speakers (I tried at least 30) and the right amp. I still run FRFR for FOH and to record as I love the IRs. But, to get the live sound I needed on stage, and even in the studio(with AES going to desk) the Matrix/EVs were the end of a 12 year quest. I am finally getting ready to sell all my amps as the Matrix EV combo smokes them, even my 3 beloved Reeves era DR103s cannot keep up with the Axe thru this rig.

why does my Matrix sound fake when I'm using a high gain patch? it does not have the capability to reproduce the chunky and thick and the aggressive tight response of a tube amplifier. but when I'm messing around with cleans or mild distortion the Matrix doesn't sound that bad. I'm hoping the 2:90 will give me the aggressive tight response that I'm looking for

Many users of the Matrix have reported chunky, thick, aggressive and tight results. Can you give us an example of the kind of tone you're going for?

I just went through this with going to a power amp and cab.
If you are missing the low end chug, try this:

- Take off noise gate or lower threshold (make be squeezing tone too much)
- Turn off drive block ( assuming this...)
- 12 o'clock your tone controls on amp block, drive to taste.
- Add a GEQ block after your amp or at the very end of signal chain.
- EQ something like this:
0 to 31
+3 db's to 63
+3 to 125
+3 to 250
-2 to 500
-2 to 1k
-1 to 2k
-2 to 4k
0 to 8k
0 16k
- Now EQ your amp block, add back noise gate to taste, and drive to taste.
If that doesn't fix your chug, scoop more mids from eq block.
The GEQ is more of a clean eq and doesn't affect the character of the amp, as changing eq of amp bock will alter the sound/character of amp head.
Hopefully that will help. If not, faulty power amp, lol.

hi every one
i bought the JP-2c and the AXE-fx2 since 4 months ago but i'v been very busy to even unbox it
and since 3 days finally i did it and i tried both of them but when i tried to connect them i failed to get the sound that i thought i will get
as vai or JP tones

Back
Top Bottom