Canadians - Axe-Fx III Price

Uh. This thread is 2 years old. So thanks for the recent replies lol. But the good news is our dollar is much better now than it was back then.

Nothing wrong with prospective buyers seeing the total before hitting checkout imo.

Also one of the members replying has his listed in the classifieds here.

If I ordered right now, to Calgary, it's $2,344.91 USD = $2,947.96 CAD
if you use a credit card add the conversion percentage.
View attachment 81029

Alberta has them cheap sales taxes too. Would be 10% more somewhere with HST.

In my experience, used shoppers dont care what the original buyer paid in shipping and taxes, just sticker price.

Yes and no. I depends where their cognitive priming is. If you have a shopper who wants to buy used, he's expecting 50% of sticker and adjusting his expectations from there. Or he's looking at other used pricing. But if you have someone considering new, they're looking at the $3200 price to get it in hand, and 2600 seems fair by comparison. Weigh out new vs used, and warranty vs none, and figure out if you value those things at $600.

Prices are higher in the pandemic with people who bought in are trying to cash out. The rest are dreamers.

Theres always some people asking $10 less than new, and their stuff sits. Clogs up the listings though.

Used prices also adjust slower than the yearly price hikes by 5-10 years it seems.

I would have said prices are higher in the pandemic for the opposite reason: Not people trying to cash out (which supply and demand would imply would push prices down), but people trying to buy in. Their $8000 yearly vacation isn't going to happen this year, and that money is burning a hole in their pocket. The people who like $3000 guitars are more likely to be the people in higher paying fields that can accommodate working from home too.

Back
Top Bottom