Canadians - Axe-Fx III Price

There are NO BROKERAGE FEES. We cover those when we import the product to our own office in Canada and then re-ship it to you from there. (In fact, it never leaves the custody of UPS).
Has it always been this way ?
like 3 or 4 years back , i seem to recall add” l fees .
i have never had good luck
My Axe 3 was supposed to be signature , and tracking # said in transit it was left on my step in a apt complex no signature ,no out for delivery status

It is? Its basically the new less shipping and taxes is it not?

That's like selling a used guitar for 5% less than new lol.
He is ASKING $2600 with the option to offer less than asking. I would have priced it similarly. If you are not in a hurry you will be surprised what people will pay for stuff.

This goes back to when I was on the wait list, people where selling their MARK 1's for about the price of new MARK 2 and they where selling left and right. I could not believe it, but some people don't know or don't fully read the description or did not know at the time that the MkII was on the horizon.

Got my Mk1 on Kijiji begining of 2019 with 2800, after I just sold my Axe2 with 2100. Was 1 month old when I got it...original receipt and box..guy lost his job an moved out of Toronto. He was selling a 7str Majesty also...didn't had money for that ...cheapskate here. always looking after deals...cuz I'm poor....lol

If I ordered right now, to Calgary, it's $2,344.91 USD = $2,947.96 CAD
if you use a credit card add the conversion percentage.
2021-04-02.png

If I ordered right now, to Calgary, it's $2,344.91 USD = $2,947.96 CAD
if you use a credit card add the conversion percentage.
View attachment 81029
The 3% most credit cards add for processing foreign currency transactions is significant... it adds nearly $90 for a purchase in Ontario. o_O

So... it does bring it to the ~ $3,200 mentioned earlier. Still, the $2,600 tossed around above is ~ 20% off the price of a new one!

The 3% most credit cards add for processing foreign currency transactions is significant... it adds nearly $90 for a purchase in Ontario. o_O

So... it does bring it to the ~ $3,200 mentioned earlier. Still, the $2,600 tossed around above is ~ 20% off the price of a new one!

In my experience, used shoppers dont care what the original buyer paid in shipping and taxes, just sticker price.

In my experience, used shoppers dont care what the original buyer paid in shipping and taxes, just sticker price.
If that's the case, it wouldn't explain why prices for used gear have skyrocketed over the past few years!

I'm still gobsmacked as to how people are asking (and apparently getting) more for used gear than when it was new. :oops:

If that's the case, it wouldn't explain why prices for used gear have skyrocketed over the past few years!

I'm still gobsmacked as to how people are asking (and apparently getting) more for used gear than when it was new. :oops:

Prices are higher in the pandemic with people who bought in are trying to cash out. The rest are dreamers.

Theres always some people asking $10 less than new, and their stuff sits. Clogs up the listings though.

Used prices also adjust slower than the yearly price hikes by 5-10 years it seems.

Prices are higher in the pandemic with people who bought in are trying to cash out. The rest are dreamers.

Theres always some people asking $10 less than new, and their stuff sits. Clogs up the listings though.

Used prices also adjust slower than the yearly price hikes by 5-10 years it seems.

Nothing to do with the pandemic, really. I started noticing it 3 or 4 years ago.

Although now it's at its worst. Folks asking 2.8- 3k for 2006-08 Les Paul Standards that were 2,200-2,300 when they were hanging on the wall at L&M. Similarly 4 - 4.5k for 2008-10 Historic LP R4/6/7/8 that were $3,450 - 3,550 new. Go figure...

Nothing to do with the pandemic, really. I started noticing it 3 or 4 years ago.

Although now it's at its worst. Folks asking 2.8- 3k for 2006-08 Les Paul Standards that were 2,200-2,300 when they were hanging on the wall at L&M. Similarly 4 - 4.5k for 2008-10 Historic LP R4/6/7/8 that were $3,450 - 3,550 new. Go figure...

Thats what im saying. A studio isnt $1399 new anymore, so asking $750 for one wont be as common when 75% of new is $1500.

Uh. This thread is 2 years old. So thanks for the recent replies lol. But the good news is our dollar is much better now than it was back then.

Back
Top Bottom