Can you make certain blocks unaffected by Scene change?

dumbeat

Inspired
Id like to be able to just change amps and cabs but leave my efx in the state they are during a gig,

In other words "Latch Mode" on my effects, so i can change my amps but not change the state in which my effects are, on or off.

Normally if I Change a scene the effects also revert to the Mute/Unmute state of how the scene was saved, but i want, during performance, to change my amps and cabs but leave the effect blocks unchanged from how i left them during performance.

Seems like controlling Channels is a way to go? Or a method to disable specific blocks from responding to Scene changes?

Thanks.

Id like to be able to just change amps and cabs but leave my efx in the state they are during a gig,

In other words "Latch Mode" on my effects, so i can change my amps but not change the state in which my effects are, on or off.

Normally if I Change a scene the effects also revert to the Mute/Unmute state of how the scene was saved, but i want, during performance, to change my amps and cabs but leave the effect blocks unchanged from how i left them during performance.

Seems like controlling Channels is a way to go? Or a method to disable specific blocks from responding to Scene changes?

Thanks.

If I’m switching back and forth between two different amp/cab settings, I’ll typically use a mixer block that I control via midi.

Thanks.
Looks like the only way to get what im trying is indeed to change channels in the Amp/Cab blocks. This way the fx blocks would remain untouched by the changes.
Im still trying to figure out the midi implementation for the channel switching though.

Also looking to maybe get few Knob based MidiController so i can tweak in real time the way i do with real effect pedals...

Its a new territory for me, trying to see if it can work for me live, on the improv side of things.

You could use Control Switches for effect 'on/off' control. There are six of them. You can even custom name each switch.

Setup each one to the bypass control a specific effect block (or even a group of effect blocks). Set the Control Switch per-scene states all to 'Last'. You could even setup one scene with specific 'on/off' states as a starting place, or a type of reset scene?

Then use scenes to control your Amp/Cabs. The control Switches, and their related effect blocks will ignore scene changes and retain their 'on/off' states.

You could use Control Switches for effect 'on/off' control. There are six of them. You can even custom name each switch.

Setup each one to the bypass control a specific effect block (or even a group of effect blocks). Set the Control Switch per-scene states all to 'Last'. You could even setup one scene with specific 'on/off' states as a starting place, or a type of reset scene?

Then use scenes to control your Amp/Cabs. The control Switches, and their related effect blocks will ignore scene changes and retain their 'on/off' states.

Ill try that. Thanks!

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/why-use-control-switches-vs-scenes.126562/

Plus: Controls Switches let you control stuff that you can't control with scenes.

Because a scene involves pre-programming. And that's not always what a players wants.

Example: you're in scene one, which is a clean tone, and you've also pressed the Chorus switch. Now you want a simple boost, with that Chorus engaged. A Control Switch can be assigned to an effect, or to Input Trim etc., to provide that boost.

If you wanted to use a scene for that, you would have to programmed a scene for that, with Chorus.
Now say you're in scene one, with Chorus bypassed, and you want that boost. When depending on scenes, you would to have programmed a separate scene of that.

It depends on the foot controller you use.
When it's an FC6 or FC12 do it like said above.
When it's a midi device like an MFC-101 use the external controllers for that. When you send a value to an external controller it keeps that value until you send a different value or turn the axe-fx off, so it keeps settings over scene channges and preset changes.

Thanks.
Looks like the only way to get what im trying is indeed to change channels in the Amp/Cab blocks. This way the fx blocks would remain untouched by the changes.
Im still trying to figure out the midi implementation for the channel switching though.

Also looking to maybe get few Knob based MidiController so i can tweak in real time the way i do with real effect pedals...

Its a new territory for me, trying to see if it can work for me live, on the improv side of things.

It's very easy to do with something like the Morningstar controller.

Each pedal could send two cc numbers on a press - which would change the cab and amp channel, that would seem the easiest way.

Honestly would take 5 minutes to program, just go into the III and set the cc number for amp 1 (for example) channel 'A', put that into the Morningstar and you're done

I use scenes for all my Effects and use Control Switches to change Amp settings. For example I have the following across all my presets using Control Switches.

CS1 Amp Gain Modifiers
CS2 Drive block. Usually in the Amp block.
CS3 Solo Boost (Null Filter)
CS4 Reverb Hold

In the scenes themselves you can define the state of the Control Switch or have it just stay at the "last" setting. Most of the time it's set to Last. But if you wanted a Solo Scene or something it could toggle ON those CS switches for you.

I'm really hoping for block independence with Scenes. So I could have 3 scenes that just control Amp/Cab, and the next 5 for Effects.

I would rarely change Amps in a song. Usually I just switch to another preset for a different type of Amp flavor.

Back
Top Bottom