Can you enable a drive and keep it ON with an expression pedal?

You didn't set MIN and MAX to the same value in the drive modifier. That's why the drive level changed as you swept the pedal. Set them both to the same desired value and then it won't change as you move the pedal.

Turning up the Damping Release will keep the Drive turned On during that moment so it doesn't cut out.
Modifier damping doesn't affect auto-engage, so there's no reason to adjust these in the non-wah block. The auto-engage setting (slow/med/fast) determines the delay before bypassing once the source stops in the "off" zone.

I tried it this morning. I just tried with the drive parameter, but that didn't work because the drive then moved up and down with the wah, which is what I don't want. I am missing something obvious here!
If you want this method to work, you have to do everything in @Moke’s post — every part is of it. The part you’re missing is this...

Here is what you are missing: any Drive parameter not used, Min and Max to the same value that you want it to stay on

Modifier damping doesn't affect auto-engage, so there's no reason to adjust these in the non-wah block. The auto-engage setting (slow/med/fast) determines the delay before bypassing once the source stops in the "off" zone.
That's right, thanks for correcting me. I edited my post to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom