Can You Change Amp Channels and FX bypass with the Same External Controller

Scenes aren’t powerful enough to do what I need because they save the channel and bypass of every block in the preset. I could easily make this work if I only used 8 sounds but I use way more than 8.
For scenes to work I would need like 32 of them or have the ability to make certain blocks ignore scene changes. Or have “scene channels” implemented.
Scenes work great if you are using one preset per song but they are pretty weak for kitchen sink presets.
You mention you're using an FC12 and want to add 5 external switches for the goal of 5 levels of gain + time based FX. That's 17 physical switches. How many timed based FX are you using in this kitchen sink preset? And how many channels are you using in each of them? Are you looking to use only tap functions or are you will to use hold functions too?

You mention you're using an FC12 and want to add 5 external switches for the goal of 5 levels of gain + time based FX. That's 17 physical switches. How many timed based FX are you using in this kitchen sink preset? And how many channels are you using in each of them? Are you looking to use only tap functions or are you will to use hold functions too?
I prefer to just use tap if possible in order to make quick changes. I am mostly using the first layout just to control drive and delay.
I need the following fx:
Slap back delay
Thick analog delay
Reverse delay
1/8 delay
Dot 1/8 delay
1/4 delay
1/8, dot 1/8 dual delay
Dot 1/8, 1/4 dual delay
All of these delays need to have a switch that boosts feedback and a switch that boosts mix.
I also need a room reverb and an ambient reverb.
I also need a big amb delay for swells.
I also need instant changes to 5 levels of drive and a solo boost.
Also a tap tempo.
I need to be able to access any of these settings within a couple of seconds while switching songs.

I prefer to just use tap if possible in order to make quick changes. I am mostly using the first layout just to control drive and delay.
I need the following fx:
Slap back delay
Thick analog delay
Reverse delay
1/8 delay
Dot 1/8 delay
1/4 delay
1/8, dot 1/8 dual delay
Dot 1/8, 1/4 dual delay
All of these delays need to have a switch that boosts feedback and a switch that boosts mix.
I also need a room reverb and an ambient reverb.
I also need a big amb delay for swells.
I also need instant changes to 5 levels of drive and a solo boost.
Also a tap tempo.
I need to be able to access any of these settings within a couple of seconds while switching songs.
Setup your delays for channel select with smart bypass (8 switches), room & ambient verb on Tap/Hold (1 switch), Plex Delay for ambient swells (1 switch), Tap and Tune (2 switches). That takes care of the FC-12.

Add an FC-6; setup your 5 levels of gain (5 switches) and boost on the last switch.

Setup your delays for channel select with smart bypass (8 switches), room & ambient verb on Tap/Hold (1 switch), Plex Delay for ambient swells (1 switch), Tap and Tune (2 switches). That takes care of the FC-12.

Add an FC-6; setup your 5 levels of gain (5 switches) and boost on the last switch.
I don’t want my pedal board to be that wide so I am using 6 external switches. I’m using the external switches to select delay subdivisions and tap tempo.

Back
Top Bottom