Can we have separate threads for the thank yous?

No disrespect. Been a user since the Ultra. We all love what Cliff does and the firmware updates are amazing. But every single update or beta, at least half the long thread are posts just saying “thank you Cliff”. I want to read the thread to see how people are getting on with the firmware, whether there are any issues, particularly with a beta. If we can’t take it as given that we are all thankful, can we have separate threads (or a standing thread) for all the thank yous?
I do see your point. I also want to get the substance from the thread, and thank yous make up 75% of it.

I have to believe that Cliff knows who he is and what he does and does NOT need the zillion thank you's.......I never really understood that and I also have been here from the beginning. That says more than the zillion Thanks.

I agree with the OP, and that Cliff knows we're hugely grateful. I personally don't say thank you for the reasons that started the thread, but I'll add my "like" to the first Thank You I come across. I figure that's enough.

Cliff was born well before the age of "participation trophies" and people feeling the need to stroke other's self esteem. :rolleyes:

Don't fault the firmware.......................................check

Don't thank the maker of the firmware..........check

Don't jump around like a cat..............................check

I think we got it! laugh.gif

Cliff indicating a thumbs up is more than enough is all I needed to see. I just always wanted to make sure the man himself knew how thankful I was and I'm sure everyone else feels the same for why they comment that.

No disrespect. Been a user since the Ultra. We all love what Cliff does and the firmware updates are amazing. But every single update or beta, at least half the long thread are posts just saying “thank you Cliff”. I want to read the thread to see how people are getting on with the firmware, whether there are any issues, particularly with a beta. If we can’t take it as given that we are all thankful, can we have separate threads (or a standing thread) for all the thank yous?
That's what the beta threads should be, focusing on issues found so the developers don't have to wade through unrelated comments.

How about after your first "thank you Cliff", you're covered for life? Then, everybody's happy, if such a state can actually exist

I have to believe that Cliff knows who he is and what he does and does NOT need the zillion thank you's.......I never really understood that and I also have been here from the beginning. That says more than the zillion Thanks.
same - tho I arrived 21 days after U - I find the gushing quite cringy myself - but thass juss ole curmudgeony me.

Back
Top Bottom