Can someone un fuck my preset? V2.0 QUANTUM FUCKUP

I'm curious, how can you "un-fuck" something? I mean, when it's fucked, how do you turn it back into being a virgin?

I'm curious, how can you "un-fuck" something? I mean, when it's fucked, how do you turn it back into being a virgin?

Well, being a native Norwegian I am not too familiar with the English language but I think if we substitute the f.... word with a synonym like "screw" we may be able to reach a conclusion; Q: What is the difference between a blown light bulb and a pregnant woman .........? A: You cannot un-screw the woman........
Hence my interpretation is that in some cases you can un.....whatever and in some cases not......

And to the OP; sorry for hi-jacking your thread and I have to add that since I joined the Fractal family just before FW 9 it has been a fantastic journey. I have played guitar for over 40 years, owned and played a lot of tube amps but never (by far) been more happy with my tone. Quantum 1 beta is just gorgeous and I really admire Cliff for his passion and enthusiasm. THANK YOU!!

Be careful. All those high-gain blocks heavily clipping, when connected in chain, can create a permanent damage (un-unfuckable) to the brains of the Axe-FX. I am wondering if that would invalidate the warranty. :pirate:

that noise you hear after palm muting...i've heard that noise a hundred times before. it's always a result of too much gain.

my first thought when i listened to the second clip was "where are all the upper harmonics"? and "where's the beef?"

kinda sounds like a cheap solid state amp to me at the moment. #justsayin

I suppose at heart we are all still 16 year old bad boy rebel guitar players with blue hair, and punk rock snear, and a middle finger raised to the establishment and all, but was this really the best way to word a requests for help with a preset in a public forum ?

I need to take my car into the shop this afternoon for a possible wheel bearing issue. I think I'll just drop the keys and tell them to unfuck my car :)

kinda sounds like a cheap solid state amp to me at the moment. #justsayin

The Axe has the power to emulate any and all amps! From uber expensive point to point wired builds from masters in their crafts, to rare vintage gems, and now even cheap solid state affairs lol

I'd run with it and make a set of patches for cheap solid state amps. Some of which would be prett fun and take me back to my teens. Marshall vavlestate 8080, the grind of old solid state Randall RGs, a Gorilla amp with blown speaker etc.

I suppose at heart we are all still 16 year old bad boy rebel guitar players with blue hair, and punk rock snear, and a middle finger raised to the establishment and all, but was this really the best way to word a requests for help with a preset in a public forum ?

I need to take my car into the shop this afternoon for a possible wheel bearing issue. I think I'll just drop the keys and tell them to unfuck my car :)

That would be cool as fuck.

That would be cool as fuck.

I think it was a great way. I provided the problem I was having with an audio clip and the preset, and a clever title for click bait. Third time, I'm new to the high gain fractal land and have just been messing around with it after picking up a cheap 7 string. I think it sounds better than before, and I have some more feedback to work with, so yeah I think this was a great way to word a request in a public forum! Let the unfuckery continue!

EDIT: oops wrong quote. see above

I'd run with it and make a set of patches for cheap solid state amps. Some of which would be prett fun and take me back to my teens. Marshall vavlestate 8080, the grind of old solid state Randall RGs, a Gorilla amp with blown speaker etc.

Oh man. What about the old Transtube Peaveys, and Crate GFX, the earliest Marshall MGs and and and...

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Tfodor, to get back to your original issue (aside from the linguistic discussion...), I think you're over-complicating your hi-gain tone approach. Maybe try something a bit more raw and natural, without clogging up your signal chain. Just fire up an amp block with a Friedman or Mesa model, add your favorite 4x12 in the cab block following it, and that's it. Reset the blocks, so that there are no unnecessary tweaks left over from the last tone, and then just adjust your basic tone and set the gain as desired. If the amp is not doing what you're wanting it to do tonally, then try another amp.

It's really easy to castrate a tone by adding too many variables to it. Also, try to see how little gain you can get away with and still sound heavy. If you really listen closely to your favorite heavy tones on recordings, there's usually way less gain than you'd think! Just my 2c...

The Axe Fx has the finest set of ports I've seen on a processor but you should really be careful what you insert into them!

I wish I could unfuck some things, career choice, some bad teeth etc :D Love the unfucking concept !

For Axe users, we must think like a sound tech when building a preset, instead of a guitarist on stage about to do a show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom