Can I Use FC and Another MIDI Foot Controller At The Same Time

GotMetalBoy

Power User
I currently use FAMC LF+ (Liquid Foot+) PRO+ and 12+ MFC's to control my Axe-Fx II and Axe-Fx III.

Would I be able to use one or multiple FC-12's with my LF+ MFC's?

I've read that the FC's don't have Set List or Song functions yet, so could I use my LF+ Set Lists and Songs to select my Axe-Fx III presets and the FC's for selecting FX On/Bypass, Scenes, Channels, Tuner, Tap Tempo and Looper?

Also, if I can use both, will the FC's sync when I switch presets with my LF+ or manually select presets from the Axe-Fx III front panel or Axe-Edit III ?

I currently use FAMC LF+ (Liquid Foot+) PRO+ and 12+ MFC's to control my Axe-Fx II and Axe-Fx III.

Would I be able to use one or multiple FC-12's with my LF+ MFC's?

I've read that the FC's don't have Set List or Song functions yet, so could I use my LF+ Set Lists and Songs to select my Axe-Fx III presets and the FC's for selecting FX On/Bypass, Scenes, Channels, Tuner, Tap Tempo and Looper?

Also, if I can use both, will the FC's sync when I switch presets with my LF+ or manually select presets from the Axe-Fx III front panel or Axe-Edit III ?
I can't see why it would not work.

The FC is supposed to remain in sync with the Axe Fx at all times.

My assumption as well as that this will work. Based on that, I ordered a Morningstar MC-6 a few days ago to augment the FC-6. The FC-12 (when put next to an expression pedal or 2) is just too wide for my setup, and I really don't want to go wider than 24". Sometimes we have to play some pretty tight stages.

My assumption as well as that this will work. Based on that, I ordered a Morningstar MC-6 a few days ago to augment the FC-6. The FC-12 (when put next to an expression pedal or 2) is just too wide for my setup, and I really don't want to go wider than 24". Sometimes we have to play some pretty tight stages.

Hmm...I hadn't thought of that route, but I'm in the same situation. The FC-12 is wider than the MFC-101 and won't fit on my current pedal board/case, and I often don't have the stage real estate to go wider. More to ponder as I try to decide which way to go.

Hmm...I hadn't thought of that route, but I'm in the same situation. The FC-12 is wider than the MFC-101 and won't fit on my current pedal board/case, and I often don't have the stage real estate to go wider. More to ponder as I try to decide which way to go.

My thought is to use the FC-6 for scenes and other "in the moment" things while playing and to use the MC-6 for tuner, patch changes, and other things that can be done between songs.

Ugh! Now I have a bad case of GAS haha :eek: I signed up for the FC wait list pretty late but hopefully I won't have to wait long. I didn't have to wait very long for my Axe-Fx III.

I plan to use my LF+ 12+ for completed songs because I'll use the Set List and Song Modes and the Tuner. I'll probably buy 4 FC-12's and use them for jamming and writing because I like to have accesses to as many FX as possible and not have to stop my creative flow to program my pedal. I may try to find a used LF+ JR+ and then sell my Axe-Fx II XL+, LF+ PRO+ and LF+ 12+ to buy a 2nd Axe-Fx III. I currently use my Axe-Fx III for recording and my Axe-Fx II XL+ for my live rig.

I'm sure there will be some segment of users that will want to pair an FC with one of the other high power MIDI controllers. Given that a number of 3rd party controllers have built special integration modes for other MIDI controllable devices, it's not hard to imagine the value of using something like that alongside an FC. Or perhaps a computer driving a click track with changes. And so on.

My thought is to use the FC-6 for scenes and other "in the moment" things while playing and to use the MC-6 for tuner, patch changes, and other things that can be done between songs.

Yep fairly certain this is the route I'm planning as well- when product video's start coming out, I'll know for sure if I gotta have the FC-12 and start over with the board due to width considerations.

I'm hoping to see some videos of the FC-6 in action before making my final decision. I might be able to get by with the FC-6 and a pair of external switches. But then again, having 6 MIDI buttons would sure open up a lot more possibilities.

There was a pic posted of Neal Schon on stage recently. He had both an RJM GT Mastermind 22 and an FC 6 on the stage. That would seem to indicate that they can be run in parallel.

The FC* uses the FASLink2 port while a MIDI controller uses the MIDI port. The manual does not indicate that you can only use one or the other.

I will find out for sure when I get an FC.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to see some videos of the FC-6 in action before making my final decision. I might be able to get by with the FC-6 and a pair of external switches. But then again, having 6 MIDI buttons would sure open up a lot more possibilities.

I looked at the idea of external switches, but there are a *lot* of things that an external switch can't do... they can pretty much only be used to modify blocks - not change patches, for example.

So I have been playing with the MC-6 for a couple of days now, and am satisfied that it will be an excellent complement to the FC-6. I'm 99.9% sure I will get the FC-6 over the 12 at this point to save on real estate and still be able to have 2 expression pedals (among other things) on my 24" wide pedalboard.

Back
Top Bottom