Can I have ring LED's on only when enganged?

Can I have lights on only when enganged? Not just dimmed in bypass but actually off, then full light on when switch is engaged.

I use that for my scenes, as I want only the active scenes in a preset to light up. So I know directly how many scenes I have in that song/preset, and they even carry a name. You might want to do that in Axe Edit under the "FC Controllers" ride. For the passive scenes just select "pp1" or any other number except "none" and the LCD sould not light up anymore in that preset. I also have my current scene to light up a little brighter that the other scenes. Very useful for playing in a Cover-Band with one preset per song!

I use that for my scenes, as I want only the active scenes in a preset to light up. So I know directly how many scenes I have in that song/preset, and they even carry a name. You might want to do that in Axe Edit under the "FC Controllers" ride. For the passive scenes just select "pp1" or any other number except "none" and the LCD sould not light up anymore in that preset. I also have my current scene to light up a little brighter that the other scenes. Very useful for playing in a Cover-Band with one preset per song!
I don't think that's what he's after...

He wants the LED to be ON when whatever is assigned to it is ON, and then the LED should be OFF when whatever is assigned to it is OFF.

There's no way to do that currently.

I don't think that's what he's after...

He wants the LED to be ON when whatever is assigned to it is ON, and then the LED should be OFF when whatever is assigned to it is OFF.

There's no way to do that currently.
I think you are right, sorry. So its about blocks being bypassed or active within a scene. But then again: if I can blank out unused scenes on the FC in a preset, why shouldnt it be possible to blank out unused blocks in scenes? That would be done in the "Per Preset Mode" by assigning for example switch number 4 to a specific function that turns the ligt nr. 4 on the FC off.

Ican't try it out myself, as I have only the Axe II at home, and I guess things were quite different with the MFC.

You say it's not possible, I don't want to question that. But that topic got me thinking about the why? That FC is so powerful and so complex, that its sometimes difficult to understand the underlying logic, the "whys?" and "hows?" if youre not really diving deep.

I think you are right, sorry. So its about blocks being bypassed or active within a scene. But then again: if I can blank out unused scenes on the FC in a preset, why shouldnt it be possible to blank out unused blocks in scenes? That would be done in the "Per Preset Mode" by assigning for example switch number 4 to a specific function that turns the ligt nr. 4 on the FC off.

Ican't try it out myself, as I have only the Axe II at home, and I guess things were quite different with the MFC.

You say it's not possible, I don't want to question that. But that topic got me thinking about the why? That FC is so powerful and so complex, that its sometimes difficult to understand the underlying logic, the "whys?" and "hows?" if youre not really diving deep.
I don't think this is what the original question was about, but to "answer" your question, the concept of "unused scenes" doesn't exist.

Scenes are just the bypass state and channel of all blocks. (Well there are also scene controllers, not the issue here.)
Every block is present in every scene, and is either on or off, and on some channel.
For that reason, there's no such thing as an "unused" scene, they're all inherently defined.
You might not plan to ever use some of them, maybe never even looked at them, some may be identical to others, but they all still exist in the unit.

You can't ask the unit to dim some of them on that basis.

Well yes, then let me explain from the user perspective. I have chosen the scenes layout in the FC12. So the first 5 switches on my FC display the scenes available in this preset. I want to know how many scenes I have. Some songs use only 1 scene, others 2 or 3 and the most complex ones maybe 5. If my next song has only 3 scenes to play, I like to see only these three switches on my FC, and the switches for scene 4 and 5 are completely blanked out. You can do that with the Per Preset/FC Controller Function. Helps a lot, for a wide range of coverbands with a preset per song.

Sorry, if this is off topic.

You're still not understanding the request. The blocks are not "unused", they exist in the preset and may be enabled or bypassed at any given time. The OP wants the LED to have an On/Off state instead of an On/Dim state based on when he activates or bypasses the block.

If the blocks were actually unused then the simplest answer is to remove them from the preset, then no per-preset switch is required :)

Well yes, then let me explain from the user perspective. I have chosen the scenes layout in the FC12. So the first 5 switches on my FC display the scenes available in this preset. I want to know how many scenes I have. Some songs use only 1 scene, others 2 or 3 and the most complex ones maybe 5. If my next song has only 3 scenes to play, I like to see only these three switches on my FC, and the switches for scene 4 and 5 are completely blanked out. You can do that with the Per Preset/FC Controller Function. Helps a lot, for a wide range of coverbands with a preset per song.

Sorry, if this is off topic.
There’s a way to do that quick and dirty, with less work. Name the scenes you want to use, and keep the scene names blank for the rest of them. When a footswitch is labeled with a scene name you gave it (such as “Lead”), then it’s a scene you want to use. If it just says “Scene 3” or such, it’s not.

That’s not exactly the same as what the OP requested, but it’s workable.

Regards the OP's original question and the FM9:

No, currently, there's no way you can shut off the LED (read: set DIM to 0%).

The way to access the DIM function is to click on FC Edit > FC Config. A screen will open and you can modify any DIM parameters you might need to there.

No, currently, there's no way you can shut off the LED (read: set DIM to 0%).

I'm getting some odd behavior from the LED rings lately. I'm not running the v2 beta firmware. I'm back on v1.

I'm getting exactly the kind of behavior the OP requested, but I have no idea why or how. LOL

I'm using the OFMG9 FC setup (not sure I typed that correctly). It could have something to do with how I've got my preset & scenes set up, but I'm not certain. I've got scenes 1 - 4 set up to toggle between scenes 5 - 8 so that the S1 switch toggles to S5, S2 toggles to S6 and so on. I'm running 4 different amps, that each toggle between 2 scenes basically.

What I'm seeing currently is that only the selected scene has it's LED ring lit (bright red), the other 3 LED rings for the other 3 scene switches are totally off - not DIM, but off. When I toggle from scene 1 to scene 5, the LED ring is bright red as you'd expect on scene 1, when I toggle it to scene 5 the LED ring goes to the dim setting, while the other three scene LED rings remain totally un-lit.

But only while I'm looking at scenes 1 thru 4.

When I hit the "more" switch to bring up the scene 5 thru 8 switches, they behave as I understand they're supposed to. Only scene 5 has a bright red led ring, while the other 3 scene switches have dim red led rings. When I select the "more" switch to get back to the switches for scenes 1 thru 4, I still have only one switch lit (for whichever scene I've got selected), and the other three scene select switches are completely off - not dim. Is this normal behavior, or could it be a bug?

I checked my FC Edit>FC Config settings. "RING INTENSITY is set to 100% for bright, and 7% for Dim. I'm assuming these are the default settings as I didn't know where to control that stuff until I read this post.

I can post pics if that'll help.

Back
Top Bottom