Can Axe III do a horn sound?

This is great! I love The Cure. You happen to still have those presets?
I'll have to check. I did a few rough ideas thru a guitar cab during quarantine and never came back to develop them for FRFR. The tribute band never got off the ground (in its intended form) so nothing was ever "finished."

Is the preset working for you? Can't get it to work here.
What firmware are you on? I am on 20.03 and when I try to drag and drop the file into my preset manage list the slot just stays 'EMPTY' after saving. So my current guess would be that it was created on the 20.04 beta (?) if that makes sense.

EDIT: oops, that has already been pointed out:
That means you're firmware is older than the version the preset was created on.

Last edited:
Mate, that sounds incredible, and the playing was very convincing! Sure a discerning ear could tell it’s not a trumpet, but for sneaking in a trumpet-esque solo at a bar gig it would be very impressive!

That means you're firmware is older than the version the preset was created on.
Wouldn't it be more useful to list what firmware is needed instead of the 20.x posted with the preset?
I'm on 20.03...20.x means 20.03 should work...no?

I'm on 20.03...20.x means 20.03 should work...no?
I thought so too, but I was wrong. Cliff reminded me today that sometimes the internal revision can change for a minor update.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLD
Anyone happen to have scaled this down and converted to the FM9? Asking for a friend :nomouth: I am not sure what the white noise block is doing as this is all being looked at on my end in Fractool.

The noise block at Admin's trumpet is for breath🎺 At my ship horn for the sea waves ⛵
There's a tonematch block in there too. I think? FM9 should here this week so I'll see if it will work in the scaled down format.

Back
Top Bottom